Mauve Love: Ellana Cosmetics Lip in Luxe Liquid Lipstick in Love is the Answer

by - Wednesday, January 30, 2019


My kind of shade.

Liquid lipsticks are one of my guilty pleasures. I don't use them on a regular basis but on days when I do, I enjoy their company. Well, maybe at least 80% of their company. Liquid lippies, especially the matte ones, are notorious for being dry and uncomfy AF which is why I stay away from them. (I know times have changed and brands have upped their formula game but I remain skeptical.) That, and the fact that the process of reapplication is a hassle. I can't be bothered.


Yet here I am with a liquid lippie review because despite the inconvenience and drying feeling, I remain a curious cat when it comes to these things. Also because I love lipsticks in any shape, form, and formula.


It's my first time to try Ellana Cosmetics' Lip in Luxe line so I'm an excited gal. The Lip in Luxe line consists of creamy matte liquid lipsticks with shades of pinks, browns, and reds that are waterproof and can be also used as a blush. The formula apparently has no hormone disruptors so it's perfectly fine for pregnant women and lactating moms. Packaging-wise, the product is housed in a rectangular tube with a clear body and a white cap embellished with roses on the front. Overall vibe is definitely light and cute. I dig it.

I had a hard time narrowing it down to two during their Boxing Day Sale (click here to check out my haul) but I did and one of them is Love is the Answer.


According to the Ellana site, Love is the Answer is a sassy mauve with a purple undertone. See, this shade is totally right up my alley. I'm currently loving any shade that's deep and with a purple undertone so this checks all the boxes. What I like about this shade is that even though it has a heavy purple tone to it, it still manages to be wearable, both on daytime and nighttime. 

It reminds me Sunnies Face Fluffmatte in Mood, only LitA is more mauve than taupe; and Palladio's Velvet Matte in Boucle but that's more pink than LitA. Love is the Answer is like the perfect balance between Mood and Boucle, I find.


Not gonna lie, I already expected the worst when I found out that this is matte. But what do you know, the formula of LitA wasn't bad at all! The lippie has a thin but not too watery formula that glides smoothly and easily on the lips. I didn't experience tugging or skipping upon application- oh, what a joy! A layer of this lipstick is also quite opaque, and two layers is definitely enough. Drying time in between layers was also a breeze. It was tacky at first, of course, but although it remains tacky while drying, it didn't move around the product. So if you find yourself smacking your lips while waiting for it to dry, fear not- the product won't budge.

So, for the feel: it still felt drying but maybe for just about 30%. I mean, it's still a matte so it will still feel like a matte but this one feels less uncomfortable and less drying on the lips. It will still highlight cracks and lines and flakes on the lips but at least it feels less cement-like. I can also attest that yes, it is indeed waterproof. You can drink all the coffee, tea, and water in the world and it won't budge. It will only transfer when you eat anything greasy and oil-heavy but anything water-based won't move it. I know, my mind was blown too.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that the doe foot applicator is a highlight of this product as well. See, other doe foot applicators are a pain to use on the edges of the lips (you know, for making straight, crisp lip lines) but the doe foot on this one was such a pro. I was able to line my lips without too much hassle so that itself is already a plus in my books.


Overall, I'm pretty I got Love is the Answer. It's a shade I don't have yet in my collection and a shade that just solidifies my love for mauves. I won't use it for on the go days because you know, precision is still key with liquid lippies, but I'll happily wear it on days when I have spare time to actually perfect it. The formula definitely didn't let me down and wear time is amazing. I don't think I'll use it as a blush but it's nice I have that option. 

Not bad, Ellana Cosmetics, not bad at all.

You May Also Like

0 comments