That Pop Tho: ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in More Better

by - Saturday, June 15, 2019


Berry pucker.

So sorry the blog was quiet for the past 3 weeks- I was in Europe! I wanted to just enjoy and take everything in so I didn't take my laptop with me during the trip (but I did post a lot on IG. Follow me @shaunnekimberly). But I'm back (for now at least as I'll be flying to Singapore in a week. I'll be bringing my laptop, though!) and I have a few beauty items to review and post, starting with this one.

I brought this item with me on my EU trip because 1). I thought it was the perfect time and place to test it out; 2). it was a shame not to wear it; 3). I just wanted to have a bold lippie color with me. You know I love my mauves but I don't know, it just felt right to bring it. And what do you know, I freaking loved every moment I wore it. So here it is, my rave on a ColourPop's Ultra Matte lippie.


ColourPop describes their Ultra Mattes, "The boldest formula of our liquid lipsticks - in one smooth swipe, you’ll get intense color payoff that dries down to a super matte, transfer-proof finish." More Better is part of this line and is described as a deep wine shade. Personally, "deep wine" for me is a dark red; More Better, as I see it, is more of a dark berry shade. It's definitely more pink than red, although I suppose it looks red on the lips from afar. It's an bold dark shade that still pops on the lips- I freaking LOVE it.

At first I was hesitant to wear it as it has an "ultra matte" finish. Mattes are great on the first few hours of application but turns gritty and cement-y eventually, not to mention mattes aren't really too forgiving on the lips. HOWEVER, More Better was very comfortable on the lips. Shocking, I know! Well, for me anyway since it's my first time trying this out. I didn't feel that cracking/tight feeling on the lips and my lips don't look dry and suffocated either. I was able to wear More Better for more or less 10 hours. 10 comfortable hours, even during meals, with no feathering or transferring (except when it comes in contact with oils, of course). 

More Better with a sunlight lighting
More Better with a diffused lighting
I love this color so much because it complements my skintone so well. It makes my skin look brighter and more alive, and my lips more fuller and poutier! Speaking of colors, this shade stains so freaking much which, in this case, is a plus because you don't notice it fading away. It's a pain to remove, believe me, but very handy when you're out and about.

Application can be a bit tricky, especially when you don't apply lip liner first or if you're not used to liquid lippies. I wish the wand was more pointier or arrowhead-like as it makes application easier. Also, I highly recommend exfoliating your lips beforehand. More Better is a bit forgiving on the lips, yes, but it'll look so much better on smoother, moisturized lips. 


Expect more selfies with More Better because I am officially OBSESSED. I never thought I'd like this product too much, to be honest haha! Hopefully, the more I use it, the more I get more expertise on liquid lipstick application. I swear it could be an Olympic sport! 


You May Also Like

0 comments