Active Recap: Quad XXIII

by - Monday, January 20, 2020


23.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S









DAY A




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGZ-KJ6Br68

Starting with a 20 minute total body workout! Err, or should I say 40 minute since I did it twice? This workout was such a fun one to do because it really worked my lower body and the dynamic exercises also targeted my upper body. I loved the use of mini bands and light weights because they added challenge to the exercises. Again, even though it's a total body workout, the lower body (legs, glutes, thighs) was the area that was worked the most. Also, even though most of the exercises were low impact, there were a few moves that served as cardio bursts like half burpees, half burpees with mountain climbers, lunge jumps, and squat tucks. I liked the cardio moves because they really added that all or nothing element to the workout- plus they definitely got me sweating big time in no time! Totally recommend doing this twice if you have time to spare!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hmtyRMTZew

Just a quick glute burner to end this day! I'm so happy LA Thoma Gustin started posting workouts in YT because I love the ones she posts in IG. This 10 min glute workout was perfect because it's quick and got my glutes burning in no time. I did the first three exercises with a mini band and did the last two without- wow, it burned! I like how her cues about correct posture and modifications are so informative too as they really helped a lot! Can't wait to do more of her workouts!


Workout duration: around 49 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up not included, cool down included.




DAY B




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WibZDP3VYDo

If you're looking a workout that will burn your legs, thighs, hammies, quads, and glutes, look no further- this active static workout will make your lower body shake and burn and cry. Wow! This workout really tested my muscles and strength and though I found some bits hard, I totally enjoyed this workout, especially the static ones! The three sets of exercises are doable with or without weights but I recommend using weights just to up the challenge! The first two sets are the hardest, not gonna lie, but I think the 3rd set was the one that really made my lower body shake even though that set was the easiest! Make sure to stretch real good after this workout!




DAY C




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgZemTrIaM8

Starting upper body day with a shoulder circuit that also works the biceps, chest, and core. The exercises in this circuit are common upper body moves but the intensity of this routine will depend on the weights you use. There are 4 exercises in this routine done in three rounds so you can pretty much either do increasing weights or drop weights; I did the latter. And man oh man, my shoulders, back, and biceps were on fire! Seriously, doing the entire workout twice was enough- I don't think I can lift weights for a third or fourth time because my shoulders were already screaming at me. I like that there's a warm up and cool down in this routine. Both may be short but it's still better than none at all.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=argCYzAHuiM&t=557s

I think it's time to take a break with weights and just do a bodyweight only routine. This time, the target areas are the back and arms. I love doing pilates for lower body toning but it turns out, pilates for upper body is also great! This particular routine was the right amount of work and stretch and I absolutely loved both the back and push-up sets! I did it twice as well since it was a short routine.


Workout duration: around 48 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; short warm up and cool down stretch included.




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_abWNHRohYk

Last but not least, a good-ass dumbbell routine to cap this quad off. I absolutely love Sydney's workouts, especially the weighted and banded ones because they're so effective and they don't feel boring at all. She puts her own spin on her exercises so it feels new even though technically, they're not. This routine is superb because even though it's a full body routine, the arms and most of the upper body gets worked the most so it still fits in my arm day. Basically, the routine starts with the upper body, then the lower body, the core, the back, and finally the arms again. I really recommend having different weights for this workout to increase or decrease the intensity of each move. You can totally do this with bodyweight or even with bands (I used a mini band for the fire hydrants/donkey kick set) but doing this with weights is just a different experience altogether. I absolutely loved the 2 1-minute burnout exercises in the end; those definitely made muscles shake!




MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:
I gotta say, I really enjoyed the longest workouts: FITNESS BLENDER Lower Body Active Static Strength Workout - Strength and Endurance Burnout and SYDNEY CUMMINGS 45 Minute Dumbbell Sculpt Workout! Like, wow, if you want a good muscle burner AND shaker, these two got you covered!




You May Also Like

0 comments