Nail of the Week: Sephora Nail Lacquer in #142: Tropical Bird

by - Thursday, February 06, 2020


Subtle blue green.


I opened 2020 with nail stickers but now I'm back to the good old lacquer. As much as I love the easy breezy application of nail stickers, I missed painting my nails with polish (and inhaling some fumes along the way). 


Today's polish is Tropical Bird, a Sephora nail lacquer. I remember seeing this color and just liking it right away. It's this cool-toned medium sea green that's also bluish and grayish with a nice subtle shimmer throughout. It's truly such a lovely shade and surprisingly one that I still don't have yet in my polish collection.

Formula was easy to work with as it wasn't too runny nor too thick and goopy-ish. I didn't experience pooling on the tips and cuticle areas and it wasn't streaky too. The shimmers on it are quite fine and well blended on the polish itself so I didn't feel any glitter grit at all. Drying time in between coats didn't take too long as well.

I absolutely love this color on the nails because it gives a subtle pop of color. I love these kinds of shades- they make things interesting. I recommend two coats with this polish as that gave me the most even coverage and opaqueness. Won't mind using this in the summer as well!


You May Also Like

0 comments