Active Recap: Quad XXV

by - Monday, February 03, 2020


25.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S








DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpcqjQDGgYo

Time to work the booty once again! Today's opener is a dual-focused workout but rest assured it's more glute-heavy than back. Just think of the back circuit as a finisher of sorts. I absolutely love 1 Workout A Day workouts because they're just fun and exciting to do, plus since most workouts are just done for two rounds, the workouts don't feel too long and boring. I absolutely love weighted glute workouts and this one did not disappoint at all. The exercises here are easy to do and it's up to you to adjust its difficulty (ie. use heavy weights/modify exercises, etc) but rest assured, your glutes will be burning by the end of the two rounds. Also, I'd like to mention the warm up in this- it's one good warm up routine. It wasn't too exhausting but it was enough to get my whole body warm and ready. Just thought I'd mention that. :) 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf2S0QhrzgM

Booty pilates is the best finisher (alongside banded ones) so we're gonna finish this day with one. This routine doesn't need any equipment but I think some exercises would benefit a mini band (ie. banded bridges!!). This routine doesn't just target the glutes- it also targets the quads, hammies, and a bit of the core as well. It's a short routine but do it twice for the big burn glute bang. 


Workout duration: around 53 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down stretch included.




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxSsncvuVE

Glute pilates round two, anyone? Well, a variation at least. This one is a long routine by Fitness Blender and I say a variation because their pilates routines don't feel/seem like traditional full-on pilates; their routines are more inspired by pilates, if you get me. This routine is a simple one: it consists of 8 exercises done in three ascending rounds: 5 then 8 then 12. You'd think it's simple and easy but once the ascending reps begin, the exercises get a bit harder to do in a steady pace. I used the first round (5 reps) as a warm up. I found that this made me get familiar with the moves and posture so the main work is the 8 and 12 rep rounds. This workout isn't a heart-racing, sweat-inducing one but it's a great isometric active recovery sort of exercise that still targets the lower body. 



DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRZcZgSgSHI

If you think I there's no plyo/HIIT in this quad, well, you're sorta kinda wrong. The first two days are quite quiet and low impact but not today, honey. Today we do cardio and plyo! I always love it when PopSugar Fitness collabs with Strong by Zumba so I was pretty excited/nervous when I saw this 30 minute routine. Strong by Zumba in a nutshell is HIIT with a beat. There's still music- there's just no dance. AND I LOVE IT. Dancing isn't really my strong suit but I can get along with HIIT with music. This certain routine was the bomb- it was challenging, but not confusing, and so, SO FUN. I was a panting mess on each round but it didn't feel excruciating at all. I like that this routine is still quite upper body/arm heavy even though it's technically a full body routine. My shoulders and core were the areas where I really felt it, perfect cause it's arm day. I definitely won't mind doing this routine again!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw5C4WTHEVE

Okay, hang in there because there's one more routine- a finisher. This one is less cardio and really more strength-training. You know how much I love using mini bands so this arm routine is a banded one and it's one big bad burner. Honestly, this one made my arms really shake and take note: I only used a light band all throughout. WHAT. There are no rest breaks in between the exercises in each round so I think doing it continuously was the main reason for the burn. The routine is only 15 minutes but trust me, one round is enough for today, especially after the Strong by Zumba routine.


Workout duration: around 51 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down stretch included.




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIJYZA82PLY

One last sweat-inducing routine for arm day, yes? I missed using weights for arm day so today's routine is a weighted arm and cardio one. This routine doesn't really require you to use really heavy weights, mainly because it's quite fast-paced but feel free to switch in between weights. The main source of cardio in this routine is the progressive burpee rounds and the low impact dynamic arm exercises also contributed to the cardio. I swear, the progressive burpees really killed me on this one- great for the heart and arms, though!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m9WoOig0BA

Now let's do some mat work to finish this day off. This routine is posterior chain focused, aka the all the muscles at the back, which includes the glutes, hammies, lats, and spinae muscles. Not gonna lie, this routine was a bit weird/uncomfortable to do because the exercises are something I don't always do/encounter in other routines. However, I found that it was also a good stretch, especially for the legs.


Workout duration: around 44 minutes, with 1 minute rest in between circuits; warm up and cool down included.




MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:




You May Also Like

0 comments