Active Recap: Quad XXVI

by - Monday, February 10, 2020


26.


Welcome to Active Recap, where I talk/share/review the workout vids I did for the last four days. Please refer to this post to know a bit more about Active Recap and my workout format and sched.

Love,
S








DAY A



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um1VjKTEJa0&t=21s

The first of 4 1-hour yoga flows! I've done a couple of FightMaster Yoga flows but those are shorter and much more beginner-friendly; this particular flow, I'd say, is more for intermediate to advanced yogis. There are some poses that I cannot, for the life of me, do so I modified and made sure I still have proper posture. Even though I can't do the advanced poses, I absolutely loved watching Lesley do them because it's just amazing how effortless she moves.

This flow has a lot of stretches that will test your flexibility and if you're a beginner, I recommend having some props on hand like yoga blocks or straps. If you prefer to go prop-free, do what I did: modify. This flow surprisingly gave me heat, making me sweat a bit. The last part was more of a stretch section but the middle was a bit fast-paced so it feels like a workout. Overall, still a good flow, no matter what level you're in.




DAY B



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR63T-gawaA

I absolutely love Lizette's videos and I'm so happy she has an hour long flow! Again, this is more for intermediate to advanced yogis so you know what we beginners should do: modify! If the Ashtanga yoga has more stretches, this one has a lot of twists and balancing poses. I like that the chair pose is done a lot in this flow because it gets my thighs, hips, and legs working (plus, it's also a fave pose of mine!). The crow pose is also done a lot here but I just skipped it because I don't have the arm and core strength to do it yet. I felt like this flow really worked a lot of muscles in my body but also stretched them at the same time too. Great flow and I just love Lizette's cues because they keep my posture in check!




DAY C



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=164zsYk4x9o

Unlike the first two practices, this one feels more like the flows I'm used to. It's void of any complex poses and it's really more about breathing, stretching, and opening. True to its theme, compassion, the flow has a lot of heart opening poses and sequences done alongside warriors, mountains, and sun salutations. What I really liked about it is that even though it felt chill and easy, it still created heat throughout, making it feel like a workout-y yoga. I loved the balancing sequences as well. Really enjoyed this one!




DAY D



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoGt1DKsiDo&t=2572s

Ending with our final 1-hour practice! Just like the Compassion Yoga, this practice feels very much like the usual flows I do. The poses here are easy to do (mostly in modified versions) plus the flow is just very fluid and lovely. Some parts in this practice was done in a fast pace and that plus some balancing poses built heat and made my heart rate fluctuate a bit and got me sweating too. I absolutely loved this practice because it starts slow and easy then you get warmer and more ready for the meat of the practice. The advanced poses in this practice are located at the very end of the practice, although there is an alternate pose/position that's more relaxed and beginner-friendly. This practice is truly is for all levels!



NOTE:
If you already didn't notice, this quad is quite a different one from the others because it's all about yoga! As much as I wanted to do my usual workouts of HIIT, pilates, and strength-training, I unfortunately had to put them on hold due to lack of space and due to events in my personal life. All I had was a spare room to workout in so I knew I had to make adjustments so I went for a yoga quad! I've always wanted to do a full on yoga quad so I guess this is a start. Not gonna lie, I miss my usuals but yoga is a nice alternative, not to mention, a great practice of stretching and flexibility too! I'm not the most flexible person but I still enjoyed all 4 practices here. And the sense of peace and zen it gave me is everything. I really needed this.

Back to regular programming on the next quad and hopefully, I also get to do a full on pilates quad too!


MY TOP WORKOUT/S IN THIS QUAD:
Even though it was quite challenging, I loved LIZETTE POMPA YOGA Fly and flow - Vinyasa flow class. This flow is just wonderful and makes me push harder to be able to do the poses here. For a more doable, more beginner-friendly flow, I really enjoyed CAT MEFFAN 1-HOUR VINYASA FLOW | All Levels Yoga Sequence.




You May Also Like

0 comments