Sampling Samples: Bioré Oil Control Micellar Cleansing Water

by - Wednesday, May 06, 2020


Fresh faced.
Hello hello! A quick review because I know it's been a while since I last posted some beauty-related content. I know everyone's just at home but I do know that some people still put on some makeup because it's fun and it makes them feel like themselves and you know what, I feel you. Who cares if no one will see you? We put on makeup for ourselves anyway so go paint that beautiful face of yours, reasons be damned.

So anyway, I have a makeup remover review for yah! As you may or may not know, I personally prefer makeup removers that are oil-based or bi-phased over micellar waters and I think that's because most of the micellar waters I've tried before were too mild and gentle for my taste. I guess I don't mind them not gentle as long as they do the job efficiently and quickly. However, I'm all about trying new products and if it's a Biore product, I'm gonna test it asap!


The Bioré Oil Control Micellar Cleansing Water is described as a "lightweight and refreshing makeup remover that lifts off makeup, dirt, and excess sebum from pores." It also claims that it will leave the skin clean and refreshed without the sticky after feel. 

This makeup remover is also alcohol-free, oil-free, fragrance-free, colorant-free, non-comedogenic, and allergy and opthalmologist tested. It also has an anti-bacteria formula that helps prevent pimples and breakouts.


Just like most micellar waters, this one feels light and refreshing. It feels like water but it has a teeny tiny bit of tackiness to it. I love the smell of this product because it has a cucumber water scent that's just so refreshing and clean.


I used this product to remove a full-face of a sheer to medium coverage foundation and I gotta say, it did a good job! I felt like it was able to remove almost all the foundation without stripping my skin of moisture. It left my skin feeling moisturized, soft, and thoroughly cleaned. Not bad!

I know that this product is great for lightweight makeup like BB creams or mineral bases, as well as eyeshadows, powder blushes, brow powders, and the like. However, if you were to use this to remove thick, full coverage products, you'll need a whole lotta remover and cotton pads to fully 100% remove said products. I also struggled removing waterproof products like mascara, gel eyeliner, and matte liquid lippies with this (which kind of makes sense because it is a micellar water after all). 

Overall, this is a good makeup remover for everyday light makeup. It's also the kind of makeup remover that feels real nice on the skin because it's very refreshing and won't leave too much of an oily residue behind. Just remember to switch to a stronger makeup remover for all your heavier and waterproof makeup!

You May Also Like

0 comments