Sampling Samples: Blithe Gold Apricot Pressed Serum

by - Tuesday, November 10, 2020


Bright and citrusy.

I'm back with another skincare sample! The last one I featured was an oil-free moisturizer from a Japanese brand: the Tatcha Water Cream and now, I'll be featuring a Korean skincare sample albeit this one a bit different.

Today I'll be reviewing the Blithe Gold Apricot Pressed Serum. But before I begin my review, let me just define just what exactly a "serum" is. In Korean terms, a serum contains more concentrated active ingredients that usually target one or more skin issues. Serums can be more for brightening, wrinkles, dark spots etc. than a general overall moisturizer. Serums can also either have a thick or oil-like consistency. So in comparison to an ordinary moisturizer, serums are usually packed with a lot more skincare benefits.

The Gold Apricot Pressed Serum is described as "a hybrid of a brightening serum with 31% apricot extract, and a deeply hydrating moisturizer.". They claim that as it melts into skin, it seals in hydration to create a "glass skin" effect that's dewy, poreless, and translucent. The healing apricot extract improves the skin's clarity and boosts radiance and the blend of antioxidant-rich berry extracts and turmeric soothe and protect, while natural oils nourish the skin, creating a perfectly primed canvas for makeup.

The Apricot Serum has almost a light apricot-y color and smells very fresh and citrusy with a hint of bitterness to it, no doubt from the blend lemon and orange peels. Consistency-wise, it's definitely a bit thicker than your water-based moisturizer but simultaneously has a oily feel. 

I applied the serum as I would a moisturizer, on freshly cleaned skin. I'm really not sure where a serum comes in in a skincare sequence so I just used it as a moisturizer. I definitely felt that it has a thicker consistency but it surprisingly still felt light on my face. It is incredibly moisturizing- I swear, my skin felt really hydrated and supple! As it dries, though, I can feel a bit of tackiness on the skin, making me feel like this product would be a good makeup primer as well. It doesn't fully dry- the tackiness lingers and I also felt a very thin layer of oil on my skin. This isn't an issue on cool days although I can assume that it may be a bit of a problem on humid days.

This serum is geared towards radiance and brightening and I definitely felt like my skin gained a nice natural glow after applying this serum, like it's healthier and less sallow. It's subtle but it's there. I think it's a great bonus alongside the moisturizing and hydrating property of this product.

Overall, I like this product! It's hydrating, brightening, smells great, and can potentially be used as a makeup primer. I recommend this product for those who want a brightness in their skin as well as for those with really dry skin. Oily-skinned gals may find this a bit oily but I still encourage you to try it because  this product is real good. Definitely a good find!


You May Also Like

0 comments