Loco for Cocoa: Colourpop Precision Brow Colour in Cool Cocoa

by - Wednesday, September 08, 2021



Dip and fill.

Brow pomades are, like, my ride or die brow products. Really thought it would be brow powders but once I got to try brow pomades, I never turned back. Brow pomades are a bit trickier to get, yes, but once you get the hang of it, giiiirl, your brow game is sure to be on point every time. 

My very first brow pomade was the Essence Eyebrow Gel Colour and Shape and I was obsessed with it. It became my go-to product for my brows and I loved using it every chance I get. The color is just perfect for my dark mane and its longevity is just amazing. My brows were on fleek without looking too carved out and filled in, just as how I liked them to be.  Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever. Before I knew it, my pomade dried out and when that happens, it's time to find another one. 

Whenever I visit my sister in Singapore, I would always do her office makeup. That's when I found out about the Colourpop Precision Brow Colour, a "waterproof, all-day-wear brow colour in a pot that delivers smooth and precise application for bolder, better brows". My sister has it in the shade Dope Taupe and I just loved how it worked and looked on her brows. I loved it so much that when she made a Colourpop order, she let me have the product in two shades.

The Precision Brow Colour pots come in 8 shades but the two shades I opted for were Dope Taupe and Cool Cocoa. Since I already know what Dope Taupe looks like, I thought I'd open the other shade first, the darker of the two. Each pot weighs 3g and comes in a simple but sleek acrylic (or is it glass?) pot.


I always avoid using a black shade on my brows so I go for cool or neutral dark browns instead and Cool Cocoa is exactly that. This shade is just the perfect match for my brows and it doesn't make my brows look harsh and angry. 10/10 would recommend this shade for dark haired girls like me. :)

Formula-wise, the Brow Colour has quite a smooth but firm texture. It's not like a gel liner that's creamy and soft. Imagine dipping your brush in a pot of gel liner: the brush sinks a bit because the gel liner has a creamy texture, right? Well not with the Brow Colour. Your brush won't sink too much into the product because it has more body than a gel liner. You have to glide your brush on the surface to get the product instead of dipping and scooping. 

Speaking of brushes, I use my trusty synthetic angled brow brush, the Marionnaud N38, to apply this product. I find that synthetic brushes are better for cream products than natural hair because the bristles are studier and stiffer as they maintain their shape more, making them easier to control and use. 



I like that this product is pigmented yet so easy to use on the brows. I really thought I'd end up with overly filled brows because of how pigmented it is but when you work bit by bit with this product, you'll end up with just the right amount of coverage on your brows, making it look on fleek but not overly so. I also like it doesn't set quickly and gives me time to leisurely apply it without panic blending every 5 seconds. I didn't experience any flaking on the brows and can I just say how lightweight this product feels?? I sometimes forget I have it on because my brows still feel like my brows! No crunchy and stiff brow hairs here, just a pair of nicely filled in brows that's budge-proof and waterproof. I LOVE it!

If you can't already tell, I am officially obsessed with this product! It's lightweight, waterproof, and budge-proof, not to mention the *perfect* color match for my brows! It's unfortunate that Colourpop for some reason decided to discontinue it- bummer! Really hope they bring back the Precision Brow Colour pots again because this product is just *chef's kiss*!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Free from Herpes just in 2 weeks

    The best herbal remedy

    You can contact him …………

    r.buckler11 {{@gmail}} com,,

    ReplyDelete