My Thoughts on the Marionnaud N38 Slanted Eyeline & Eyebrows Double Side Brush

by - Friday, June 17, 2016


Meet my new brow brush.


As I've mentioned in my previous haul, I needed a new brow brush because my old one, the Fancl Eyebrow Liner brush isn't in its top shape anymore. This, plus the crumbling brow powder I'm using, makes brow filling quite challenging. So I thought it's time to replace them. They'd served me long enough, anyway. 

Since I've been seeing a lot of Pinay beauty bloggers and Youtubers use this brush, I decided to try it myself and see what the fuss is all about. This brush wasn't that hard to get a hold of since it's readily available in most Watsons stores all over the country.
The Marionnaud N38 Slanted Eyeline & Eyebrows Double Side Brush, as the name suggests, is a dual ended brush. One side is an angled brush with synthetic fibers and the other side is a spoolie. I quite like the size of this brush: it isn't too long that it doesn't fit in your makeup bag nor isn't too short that you have a hard time gripping it. I appreciate the plastic cap for the angled side but I would've preferred an actual cap, not just a plastic one that I can easily misplace. The brush comes in a sturdy plastic container with a Ziplock-type of zipper that can double as its pouch. I really like that Marionnaud brushes are packaged like this. Brush with its own pouch and not just a disposable bag? I approve.

Now let's get to the angled brush side. As you can see, the brush is thin, almost similar to the MAC 266 but a little thicker than the EcoTools Angled Eyeliner brush. As it's synthetic, it feels a little slippery and a little plastic-y. It has good amount of width as well. As for the spoolie, it's the usual type.

I tested this brush with a powder product and, surprise surprise, I was a little wobbly. It's such a new experience! It was my first time using a thin synthetic brush so I had to really feel the brush. With powder, the brush feels a little slippery. I guess I'm just used to brushes with natural bristles that I'm really looking for that 'grit'. A little roughness that works the powder on your brows and skin. The N38 felt slippery and that made me go back a few times to the sparse areas of my brows. BUT I sort of like the slippery feel in a way because it prevents me from putting too much pigment on my brows. It controls application so you get to define the brows slowly instead of brushing a lot of product in one go.

One thing I really like with this brush is it gives me a precise line under the brows. I get to line the bottom/root area of the brows cleanly in one stroke. It also helps a lot with filling the inside areas of the brows. Aside from the slippery feel, I also noticed that this brush doesn't really hold product. Brushes with natural bristles hold/store product even after application but with this, I feel like the powders just slide off. I had to dip it on the brow powder pan after each fill because there are no leftover powders on it. A little tedious to use but I guess the end results are pretty good.

Overall, I'm okay with it. I've yet to try it with a cream/gel/pomade which I think will pair better with this brush. It's a little slippery when used with powder so I really think it'll work well with something with a thick formula. I don't think I'll use this for lining the eyes, though, since I have my EcoTools brush for that. It's a little pricey (129php) but think of it this way: you're paying for two brushes in here. When you buy a brush and a spoolie separately, I think it'll add up to the same amount, if not, more. If this was a little gritty, it would've been perfect. But that's just personal preference and shouldn't hinder you from trying it out yourself. :)





You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is my go-to brow brush for cleaning up my brows, but not for application. After I fill-in and shape my brows using a brow pencil or a pomade, I use the spoolie to brush my brow hairs and get the excess product out, then I use the angled brush to clean up mistakes and sharpen the tail end of my brow.

    Random Beauty by Hollie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that makes sense! It'll really clean up the edges of the brows easily. Using this with a powder is a bit tedious, not really good if you're in a hurry! But I've seen this with a pomade and it's quicker though I've yet to try that. Thanks for sharing how you use it and thanks for dropping by! xx

      Delete