Sampling Samples: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation in 220 Natural Beige

by - Friday, December 03, 2021

 

My new shade match.

The last time I featured a Fit Me foundation in a sachet, it was the shade 228 Soft Tan, a shade I used for quite a long time. Because I don't and can't be exposed to the sun (#SLEproblems) plus the pandemic that forced all of us to stay inside, my skin lightened up a few shades so I thought I'd buy a new shade in the Fit Me range to match my new skintone. The foundation has limited shades in sachet form but I was able to get shades 220 Natural Beige and 128 Warm Nude.


Today I'll be featuring shade 220 Natural Beige since this looks more like a better match than the 128. And you know what? IT'S A MATCH! This shade is almost perfect on me (it's still a teeny tiny light) but it's definitely better than 228 and its strong yellow tone. This one has more of a neutral tone (almost leaning to a yellow tone) that definitely works well on my skintone. Can't believe I finally have a good match!


Formula-wise it's pretty much the same with the 228. It's a matte foundation that's perfect for day use because it's lightweight on the skin. Its coverage is on the light-medium side but can be built up to achieve a decent full one. As always, I used a blender sponge to blend this base out. I really like using a damp sponges with matte bases because they just blend them better than brushes, plus the foundation looks more airbrushed and skin-like.

with one layer of Fit Me 220.


Some things to remember: this foundation, since it's matte, will definitely cling onto dry areas and patches on the skin. I have a few dry patches on my skin and I feel like they become highlighted more because of the foundation. Also, this foundation is the greatest with sweat and oil-control so make sure to blot from time to time. And also, don't forget to set it!

I'm not sure whether I'll feature shade 128 here because I'm pretty happy with 220 already. I'm thinking of mixing 128 with 228 and cross fingers I'll end up with a wearable shade? Still have to think about that haha! But I'm SO glad to finally get my shade match with 220! Yay!

You May Also Like

0 comments