Sampling Samples: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation in 228 Soft Tan

by - Wednesday, April 14, 2021

 


Budget base.


When I heard that Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation is now available in sachet form, I got very ecstatic, mainly because this gave me a chance to try it without shelling out 200-300++ Pesos in one go. I sometimes get very excited in purchasing a full bottle of foundation (or any base, really) only to find out that it's either: 1 or 2 shades off or that it breaks my skin out like crazy so travel-sized bases, and in this case sachet-sized, are always the way to go for me. Wish all brands released something like this!

Fit Me sachets come in 3 shades: Classic Ivory, Warm Beige, and Soft Tan. Obviously the one I got is Soft Tan and you know what, it's a perfect match for my skintone. The yellow undertone of this base isn't too warm that it almost leans orange- Soft Tan is definitely true to its name. 

My favorite matte base so far is the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte but I only mostly use it for special occasions since it's thicker and more on the medium-full coverage side. Fit Me is Infallible's everyday counterpart: lighter in feel and coverage but still matte and pore-bluring. 

With application, my go-to applicator is a blender sponge. I feel like blenders is the way to go when dealing with matte foundations because they do a better, faster, and more even job in blending as compared to a paddle foundation brush or a silicone sponge. They also help bring in moisture on the skin, making a matte base look better and less drying.

Used this foundation on my Ellana Loose Pigment in Inspiration post!


I like that Fit Me still feels like skin on the skin. It doesn't feel like it's clogging my pores or like it just sits on top of my skin. For real, I can wear this all day and forget about it. If I were living in a cool climate place, I would totally get away without setting it but since I have to deal with the scorching Philippine heat, I need to set it with at least a light dusting of powder. Also, a little reminder for those with dry skin and patches: this foundation will cling to those dry patches so best avoid this or make sure to rehydrate your skin with a mist from time to time.

Fit Me in sachet definitely convinced me to buy its bottle counterpart- I mean, it's that good. It's good for everyday use, specially if you just want an easy base that feels light on the skin. Coverage is light with one layer but you can always layer it up for a decent medium coverage. The shade range of the Fit Me sachet is good but definitely needs one more darker shade as Soft Tan looks light on deeper/tanner skintones. I also like that Maybelline gave us two options with the Fit Me foundation: one with and one without SPF!

In case you missed it, I already reviewed another Fit Me product: the concealer in #35 Deep!

You May Also Like

0 comments