Bake & Munch: Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Muffins

by - Sunday, December 05, 2021

 


GC!

Hello hello! I'm back with another muffin recipe and I'm excited because it's something I haven't done before yet. AND the streusel in this one? Surprisingly amazing.

So I've worked with other powders in muffins before like cocoa powder and cornmeal but this is my first time incorporating my muffins with crushed graham crackers! I swear, I didn't know it was possible to have crushed graham crackers in a muffin, mainly because I've only used it in crusts (like in my Raisin and Walnut Chocolate Pie). Seeing a muffin recipe with it got me shook so I tried it out!

First of all, this muffin has a streusel so we're already off to a good start. Not gonna lie, I had a few doubts with the streusel because it looked wetter than what I'm used to so I thought it was going to sink into the muffins while baking (trust me, sinking streusels already happened to me several times so I have trust issues) but thankfully, they didn't! This streusel surprisingly held up on its own and I'm just so happy because this streusel is just SO yummy. It's sweet, buttery, and full on with the graham cracker flavor. It's kinda like eating pie crust pieces haha!

Now onto the muffins. The muffins have just the right sweetness and the graham cracker flavor subtle but good. The flavor is okay on its own but it could be one note and boring so I quite like the addition of semi sweet chocolate chips. I think it they go really well with the crushed graham crackers and adds a layer of texture as well. The streusel really brings everything together, making this muffin complete and oh so delish- make sure to load them up!

Enjoy!





 Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Muffins

(adapted from ChocolateChocolateAndMore.com)

Yield: 12

Streusel

1/3 cup all purpose flour

1/3 cup brown sugar, slightly packed

1/3 cup crushed graham crackers 

1/4 cup butter, melted

Muffins

2 cups all purpose flour, sifted before measured

1 cup crushed graham crackers 

1 tablespoon baking powder

a pinch of salt (make 1/2 teaspoon if using salted butter)

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/3 butter, melted

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup milk

2/3 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-cup muffin pan.

Streusel:
1. Mix together flour, crushed graham crackers, and brown sugar in a bowl.

2. Slowly pour in butter and mix until combined. End result will look like damp sand. Set aside.

Muffins:
1. Mix together flour, baking powder, crushed graham crackers, salt, and sugar in a bowl.

2. In another bowl, combine melted butter, milk, egg, and vanilla.

3. Slowly add in the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Mix until well combined and there are no more streaks of flour.

4. Fold in the mini semi sweet chocolate chips.

5. Scoop muffin batter into lined muffin pan. Using your hands, clump some of the streusel and sprinkle generously on top of the muffins. (Tip: make sure there are small and big clumps for a nice turn out!)

6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

7. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy! 


You May Also Like

0 comments