#TakeTheTint With Colourette Mini Colourtint in Ellie

by - Wednesday, December 15, 2021

 


E for Ellie.

(Click here to check out Tati and Ocean)


Third Colourtint is the very first one I opened and basically the reason why I started collecting the minis: Ellie! If I remember correctly, it was the very first one I added to my cart because I just loved the shade and swatches I saw online. It's a shade that's totally up my alley: deep but you know, still pops. And what do you know, it's also such a holiday color!




Ellie is described as a muted red brown with a matte finish. From the tube, I really thought it'd be a deep brown pink but when applied, it really is a red brown that I think will look great on my skintones. Just like Tati, it has a thin oil-based formula with a quite opaque coverage. 


I'm just SO in love with Ellie as a lip color! This is exactly the tone of red I like and always look for: muted and a bit dark. What can I say, I like borderline vampy lips haha! I absolutely love the brown tone in Ellie because it makes it a wearable shade despite it being a deep hue. Seriously thinking of wearing this on Christmas Eve!


Because Ellie is pigmented, a little goes a long way on the cheeks. It does show up more reddish pink (at least on me, anyway) so I recommend applying the tint little by little. Building it up is no problem because it blends quite easily and doesn't really disturb the base underneath. Also, keep in mind that since it has a matte finish, it'll have a tendency to cling onto any dry areas and bumps on your face.


Since I love red shades on the lids, Ellie is just my cup of tea. I like that even though it looks grungy because of the red, it still ends up looking wearable because the brown undertone balances it all out. Like, it's not too full on berry but somewhere close. I'm actually so into this lid color! It's not your boring neutral but it's also not too out there. Gorgeous with some shimmer on top too, I think!


Ellie is a shade that I actually would wear on my lips, cheeks, and lids. Maybe not all three together but ya know what I mean. On the lid, I think it would also look good as a liner. On the lips? PHENOMENAL. Ugh, I can't get over it! Ellie just checks all the boxes and I can't wait to wear the hell outta it, especially this holiday season. Eeeek, so excited!

Next tint is yet another holiday szn shade that I can't wait to share with you: Coco!



You May Also Like

0 comments