Blend to the Max With Focallure Match Max Make up Sponge in Four Cut Mouse

by - Friday, December 17, 2021

 


The new blender.

If you've seen my past post about the blender disaster situation, then you'll know that I panic purchased some beauty blenders from Focallure. I needed a new blender and blender backups stat and fortunately, Focallure delivered. I've never tried a Focallure blender before so this'll be exciting.

First things first, I have here the Focallure Match Max Make Up Sponge. According to the Focallure Shopee page, their Match Max sponges are latex-free, are soft and bouncy, and grows/expands 1.5 times its size when damp. The sponges come in a number of shapes and colors as well.


I got two sponges but I decided to use the Four Cut Mouse first. As you can see, this sponge has 4 sides: 2 flat sides, a flat round base, and a rectangular flat top. This is actually so far from the usual blender shapes, especially the ones I started with!

One thing I'm impressive with is the bloat and growth of this sponge when damp. Like damn, she's a big girl! Here's a photo of a damp Four Cut Mouse beside a dry One Cut Heart. Not only did it grow vertically, it also expanded into the thicc girl she is! It's definitely the hugest damp sponge I've worked with so far. However, I do have to note though that this sponge can hold quite a lot of water so make sure to squeeze out as much water as you can before using. I do an extra step where I give it a final squeeze with a towel or some tissue papers to make sure I get rid of more water.  


My most favorite part of the Four Cut Mouse (and also the reason why I got it) is its flat sides. With my old AOA sponge (may she rest in moldy peace), the flat side is great but it's not as big as this one, hence it doesn't cover a huge area immediately. With the Four Cut Mouse, I'm able to quickly blend my whole face in a jiffy. And quite evenly, if I may add. Honestly, so impressed!

Aside from using the flat sides for blending out my base, I also use them to blend out cheek products, like the Colourette Colourtints. I quite like using the sides on the cheeks because it blends out the product on my cheeks instantly. Like, a whole cheek area in a swipe. Talk about efficiency!

I don't use the flat bottom that often but when I do, it's often to blend out a product further. If I feel like the flat sides are already too muddled with products, I use the clean bottom to blend out instead. As for the rectangular top, I use it to blend out products on hard to reach areas and creases, like under my lower lashline, sides of the nose and lips, and brow edges. It's also nice for cleaning the underside of a winged liner.


I do have one con: the color! I know I highly urge you guys to get a light colored sponge to quickly see if there's mold in your sponges but honestly, I didn't think of one thing: staining! After happily using the sponge, I gave it a cleaning and OMG, it took me some time and a lot of soap and scrubbing to remove everything. Seriously, I thought the stain will stay! Thankfully, I'm able to get it to its pristine color again but who knows when that'll last. Not gonna stop me from using it though!


Overall, this sponge is a 9/10 to me. No, not a 10/10, mainly because it's such a chore to clean it haha! But seriously, this sponge came through. It performed well, blended my products beautifully, and the best part? It's pretty damn cheap! A sponge costs less than Php80 and lemme tell you, that's a good bargain. Guess I now have a new go-to shop for sponges! 

You May Also Like

0 comments