#TakeTheTint With Colourette Mini Colourtint in Tati

by - Wednesday, December 01, 2021


 

T for Tati.

Happy first day of December, everyone! December is actually my second favorite month (September being the first because DUH) because it's full of celebrations: Christmas (my most favorite holiday), New Year's Eve (aka the last day of the year), and the birthdays of my dad, my sister, and my bestie, Darren. December is such a joyous month so I'm so excited we're now on day 1!

Since it IS a joyous month, Shash Stash will be a bit packed than usual this month. Just a head's up: there will be two beauty posts and one B&M/food-related post each week. One of the beauty posts will feature a mini Colourtint by Colourette because I've been collecting and obsessing over these cutesies for a while now. Since today is literally my sister's birthday, I figured the best mini Colourtint to feature right now is the one that has my sister's nickname: Tati!

First things first, what's a Colourtint? Colourtints are one of the best-selling products of Colourette Cosmetics and they're basically oil-based tints that can be used on the eyes, lips, and cheeks (both as blush and contour!). I'm gonna be honest, I really wasn't interested with them at all because I thought they're just like liptints, which I'm not a big fan of. But after seeing their IG and FB pages, I found out that these aren't exclusively for lips- they can also be used on the eyes and cheeks! Their photos really changed my perception of the tints and when I saw that they have mini versions of some shades, I decided that I'm gonna start with the minis first, see if I'll get along with the tints. And well, here we are.


Tati is a matte sunset orange, a beautiful orange red. Not gonna lie, I was immediately intimidated by it because it's a shade that's bold and bright and something I don't usually experiment with. Thinking back, I usually don't go for orange-toned shades because they just doesn't go well with my skintone. After trying Tati, let's just say that she changed my mind because this color is just delightful.


On the lips, I'm just obsessed. It seems like a nice substitute for a red lip, because on me, it looks more of a red-orange hue. Tati on the lips is bright but not too flashy and it's a shade I could imagine myself wearing on brunches or on sunny days out. Also, Tati on the lips feels so lightweight and even though it's matte, it doesn't feel dry and cement-y. It's very unlike a matte liquid lip. I feel like even though it dries matte, it doesn't feel matte because of the product being oil-based. Tati on the lips does transfer but only when it gets mixed with other liquids like water or oils. Otherwise, it would just stay put. (Note: I used a lip brush to apply Tati on the lips since I also want to use it on the eyes and cheeks.)


I'm not really feeling Tati on the cheeks, and that's mainly because I prefer pinks. Tati is very pigmented so it could come out quite bright on the cheeks (I know you don't really see Tati on the photos but trust me, in real life, my cheeks were POPPIN'). I initially dotted Tati on my cheeks then blended it out with a sponge and while that worked, I think I prefer using my fingers to blend it out. I feel like the heat on my fingers help a lot and the end result actually look better (to me at least, anyway).


Lastly, Tati is a bold one on the lids, leaning more on the orange/peach color and less on the red. I think it'll look great as a base then topped with a glittery shadow, like a gold one. Personally, I think Tati would look amazing as a bold wing liner. How cute would that be?? Add some gems here and there and it'll have a spring-summer/festival-esque vibe. LOVE IT. Again, I used a blending brush to blend the product out and again, I really recommend using your fingers first, at least, then further blend out the edges with a brush.


So in summary for me: Tati on the eyes is a YES, Tati on the lips is a HELL YES, and Tati on the cheeks is a NO. I definitely see myself wearing Tati on the lips and I think Tati would also look great on my sister, Tati. Totally gonna make her try this on once we see each other again (damn these travel restrictions)! Tati may have started as a shade I was terrified of but ended up as something I'd wear in a heartbeat. So remember, don't be afraid to try new things (or in this case, shade) cause you just might end up loving it!

Next shade is more on the brown side, more for everyday use, and something  a bit less bright: Ocean! 

You May Also Like

0 comments