Swipe to Prep with Colourette Cosmetics' Blur Balm

by - Wednesday, February 02, 2022


Velvet base.

First things first: happy February! I know, I know I'm a day late but that's fine haha! I know I've been MIA for the last two weeks or so but with good reason: I got sick. As much as I wanted to put up something here on the blog, my body wouldn't let me; so instead of stressing myself out and making me feel sicker, I decided to just focus on my recovery and get back on it once I'm better and more clearheaded. So here I am, feeling so much better, with a brand new post! Yay!

Today I'll be featuring a lip product that's more of a lip care than a makeup product. It's one that was included in the Fresh Formula Sgt At Arms PR Kit and one of Colourette's best selling product. (Filipino readers, surely you already have an idea which Colourette product I'm talking about!)


 You guessed it: it's Colourette's Blur Balm! For those who aren't familiar, let me give you a product rundown:

The Blur Balm is a velvet matte lip primer that "smooths out lines and preps lips for colour application — helping prolong colour wear. " It is infused with almond oil, aloe vera extract, and sunflower oil and can also be used as an overnight lip treatment. 

Just like Colourette's other products, the Blur Balm is cruelty-free, paraben-free, and sulfate-free.

Before I talk about the formula, lemme just gush about one thing: its scent! Its fruity scent (I honestly can't decide if it's strawberry or watermelon) just gives me a whole lotta summer vibes and I dig it! Also, that packaging! It has a very chic and sleek tube that doesn't look cheap and tacky. Honestly, A+.

Okay so let's talk formula. True to its claims, it does feel very velvety on the lips and this alone is enough to convince me that it is indeed a lip primer. It feels just like a face primer: mattifying and definitely smoothening. It's really not like your regular lip balm that's like greasy and slippery; the Blur Balm is more waxy in texture and doesn't feel oily despite having essential oils in it.

As a lip primer, it does its job pretty well. It smoothens and evens out the texture of the lips, creating a nice base for a lipstick. With regular lip balms, I need to blot my lips first to remove the excess lip balm but the Blur Balm saves me from doing this extra step. Applying a lip product on top is a breeze, not only because my lips are primed and prepped, but also because the matte finish of the Blur Balm helps the lip product adhere better instead of it slipping around. Also, the Blur Balm keeps my lips moisturized so even if I have a lippie on for hours, it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all.

Blur Balm + Maybelline Sensational Liquid Matte


Okay, so here's an unpopular opinion: I personally don't like it as a lip balm. I find it too matte and waxy to be used as one and though I know it is moisturizing, it just feels uncomfortable on my lips. I guess I'm just so used to slippery lip balms that Blur Balm's matte finish is a little weird to me. 

Overall, I think the Blur Balm is a really good lip primer. I just love how it preps and primes the lips better than your regular lip balm. Because of it, wearing lippies, especially matte ones, feel more comfortable on the lips and they somehow feel more long-lasting. So in summary: if you're just looking for a lip balm to keep chapped lips at bay, then I recommend getting a lip balm that works primarily as a lip balm and not as a lip primer. However, if you're an avid lippie wearer, I highly recommend having Blur Balm in your arsenal because it will change your lip game- promise!

Blur Balm retails for ₱349 and is available on colourette.ph and Colourette's Shopee and Lazada platforms.

You May Also Like

0 comments