Sampling Samples: Belif Aqua Bomb Cica Cream - Stress Shooter

by - Saturday, February 05, 2022

 


Cool and calm.

You all already know how much I love trying new moisturizers to review so here I am with another one! 

Today's moisturizer is by Belif. I've tried one Belif product in the past, the UV Protector Daily Sunscreen Gel, and I really liked that one so I had a feeling that today's product will be just as good as well. So after consistently using the sample for 3 days, here's my thoughts on the Aqua Bomb Cica Cream - Stress Shooter.


Here's a quick description of the Aqua Bomb Cica Cream - Stress Shooter:

"Formulated with Centella Asiatica (cica) and Madecassoside, this gel cream moisturizer is a lightweight cream that helps soothe, cool and hydrate stressed skin. Born in the same DNA as best-selling Aqua bomb, this moisturizer provides the same level of hydration for a blend of hyaluronic acids, as well as extra skin-calming benefits."

Its key ingredients include:

Napiers Original Formula (key formula for anti-aging and skin soothing) 

Napiers Aqua Formula (a hydration care formula that hydrates skin and improves skin elasticity) 

Cica (Centella Asiatica) (an herb with excellent soothing effects that is commonly used in ointments to treat wounds since this herb helps soothe wounds)

Madecassoside (an ingredient found in the Cica herb with soothing, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory effects)

Triple Hyaluronic Acid Blend (a combination of 3 types of Hyaluronic Acid to deliver complete moisture to the skin)

Aqua Bomb Cica Cream - Stress Shooter is also formulated without mineral oils, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and animal-originated ingredients.


This product is described as having a "pudding-like texture" and I kinda have to agree! Pudding-like in a way that it's smooth and creamy to the touch. It doesn't have that gloopy, sticky feel and it just spreads smoothly on the skin. It doesn't set quickly on the skin so you have to wait for about 5-10 minutes for it to fully dry before putting anything else on top of it. It also has a herby/leafy scent to it but it's not an unpleasant one and goes away after the cream dries. 

Not gonna lie, I was a bit confused about what this moisturizer is actually for. Like sure, it's supposed to be hydrating on the skin but what exactly does "stress shooter" mean? After a couple of Google searches later, from what I gathered, this product is for reducing skin sensitivity and for calming stressed skin, hence the term "stress shooter". So with that in mind, I knew what to look out for and expect.

I also read that this cream is better when you pop it in the fridge first so that's exactly what I did. And you know what, cold Cica Cream feels so good on the skin! It's so cooling on the skin but not in a minty kind of way; it's more like an ice-water kind. My skin instantly feels calmer, refreshed, and moisturized. It was able to smoothen and hydrate my dry patches and in a way, my skin feels relaxed.


Now I can't say that I have sensitive skin but I can say that it's quite a gentle moisturizer suitable for sensitive skin because when I applied it, I didn't feel any stinging or hotness and trust me, I have experienced that from other moisturizers. Oh, and I also did not experience breakouts so yay!

Would I repurchase this product full-size? Probably not. Again, I don't have a particularly sensitive skin so I find this product just like other moisturizers I've tried before. However, if you have sensitive skin and you're on the hunt for a new skincare product, then the Cica Cream is worth checking out. It really is calming on the skin, plus it has ingredients that are loaded with soothing and calming properties. Not bad, Belif, not bad. 


You May Also Like

0 comments