Rouge Play: Shego Lip, But Make it Pop

by - Monday, March 21, 2022

 


A lil color can't hurt, am I right?

I don't know if you've come across the beauty trend(?)/style(?) on TikTok called Shego lips, named after the female antagonist in a Disney show called Kim Possible. Shego has a black upper lip and very nude (almost invisible) lower lip and that's pretty much the inspo for creating a Shego lip: a dark toned lippie at the top and a lighter toned lippie at the bottom. To make it work, the lippies should be the same tone/color (ie. dark brown + light brown, dark red + light red- you get the gist).


Most of the people who did this trend mainly used true browns but I wanted to go for a lighter, more popping look so I used my brown lippies with a brick undertone instead. I wanted a Shego lip that can emulate and elevate an everyday lip, so something light, a bit bright, but still wearable despite having different depths. So yeah, here's my take on the Shego lip trend!



Starting as usual by prepping my lips with Colourette's Blur Balm.

Using my only brown lip liner in my stash, the Elizabeth Arden Lip Liner in Taupe, I lined my upper lip. In hindsight, I should've probably skipped this step but since I did it anyway, might as well add it here. But feel free to skip the lip liner!

For my upper lip, I went with the Colourpop Creme Lipstick in Going North. It's a chestnut brown with a light brick red undertone. To complement that shade, I went with yet another creme lipstick, Colourpop's Dr. Facilier, a mid-tone brown terracotta. Both shades have one thing in common: a brick undertone and that's why I paired them up.


This combo? She's a STUNNER. I really love the harmonious color-block slash gradient of the lippies and I got what I wanted in the end: a lip look that's a bit bright and popping. I know the Shego lip trend's supposed to be dark but eh, everybody's doing that already haha! Maybe next time!

That's it for this easy peasy look! See you next on the next one!

You May Also Like

0 comments