Back to Brown: Kloss Beauty Kloud Kiss Plush Matte Lipstick in On The Rocks

by - Wednesday, June 08, 2022

 


Extra brownie points for this one.

Hello and welcome back with yet another Kloud Kiss lippie feature! if you missed it, I already featured the shade Off-Duty, a pretty dusty nude rose. That shade of pink is definitely my cup of tea so yes, I'm pretty into Off-Duty. For today's lippie, we'll be leaving the pink realm and dive into another shade I like: a nice brown. What can I say, my love for browns are coming back again haha!

Here I have On The Rocks, described as a mocha brown. I find this shade pretty interesting because it's not your usual Hershey's cocoa powder or Nutella brown. On The Rocks has a subtle red undertone to it that adds more dimension and interest to its brown base.


I absolutely love On The Rocks on my lips. Because of its undertone, it instantly adds warmth on my skin and also brightens it. Also, this shade is quite versatile as it's the kind of shade that you can use for both day and night. It's a nice alternative for pinks and peaches for daytime while it's for those who want a lighter lip for nighttime.

Just like Off-Duty, On The Rocks has a soft matte finish but I feel like On The Rocks went on smoother than Off-Duty. I found OTR softer and it just glided on my lips so easily, definitely no tugging on my end. Again, I applied two layers of this lippie to achieve a pigmented outcome.

On The Rocks feels very lightweight on the lips and its matte finish is definitely soft and comfortable on the lips. Just like with Off-Duty, I prepped my lips with a nourishing lip balm before applying the lippie.


Of course, I also applied On The Rocks on my eyes and cheeks! I am absolutely LIVING for this shade on my cheeks! This is the kind of shade that I'm looking for in a blush. It's just *chef's kiss*!


I really didn't expect to like On The Rocks this much but here we are. This brown shade is just so pretty and so comfy, I love it! No regrets on this one for sure!

You May Also Like

0 comments