A Mod Matte: Kloss Beauty Kloud Kiss Plush Matte Lipstick in Off-Duty

by - Wednesday, May 11, 2022

 


On Wednesdays, we wear pink. 

Hello, I have a new lippie to feature!

You all know that I'm currently obsessed with multi-use products but my first love will always be lipsticks. So if you're thinking, "what, another lip product??", well, get used to it because I'll never be sick of buying lippies- especially when they're on sale AND from a brand that I've never tried before. 

Kloss Beauty has always been on my radar for a while now and when I saw that their lipsticks were on sale, I thought I'd pick up 3 shades to try. Their Kloud Kiss lipsticks are plush matte lipsticks that are pigmented and non-drying on the lips. The lippies are cruelty-free and are vegan.

The Kloud Kiss lippies come in a plastic reddish pink tube that feels light but admittedly can quite feel a bit cheap. One thing I don't like about the packaging is that the lipstick itself doesn't really fully go inside the container. A part of the upper half is protruding which always gets caught every time I put on the cap. A bit annoying that I can't really do anything about it so I just make sure to be extra careful whenever I put the cap back on. 

Anyway, shoutout to the triangular box it comes in though! So cute!


The Kloud Kiss comes in 6 shades, 3 of which are pinks. The one I got here is Off-Duty, a dusty nude rose, and the lightest of the three pinks. I would usually go for a bolder pink, like Tarot, but I figured I'd go with Off-Duty since I don't have a pale pink in my collection yet. I quite like that even though it's a light shade, Off-Duty doesn't look too pale and sickly on my skin. It's a great MLBB shade that I know I'll reach for for fuss-free, on the go days. Plus, it has a nice candy-like scent that I kinda dig! (I have to say though, as far as scent goes, nothing can top Yellow Diamond's vanilla birthday cake scent! So good!)


Since this is a matte lipstick, I experienced a little bit of tugging upon application. It's not as smooth and glidey as a creme lipstick but I find that it becomes smoother and easier to apply once you've done a first layer. I find that two layers gives me the opacity and evenness I want. For a light pink, Off-Duty is more pigmented than I thought!

Okay, real talk- a matte lipstick will give your lips a flat, quite drying appearance and that's what you'll get with Off-Duty. However, here's what I like about it: even though it's a matte, Off-Duty is surprisingly comfortable and lightweight on the lips, with or without a primer or balm underneath. Sure it'll make your lip lines more prominent but it won't settle on your lip lines (just make sure to exfoliate and moisturize beforehand!). Also, because it doesn't fully dry down like a liquid lipstick, it still feels a bit creamy and quite hydrating. I gotta say, the "plush matte" title sounds about right!


I know this product is a proper lipstick but for shits and giggles, I also applied it to my cheeks and lids! Final verdict: have to set Off-Duty on the lids otherwise it'll crease and Off-Duty looks great on the cheeks!


If you're on a budget and you're looking for a good pink matte lippie that's locally available, then I recommend you give Off-Duty a try. It's comfortable on the lips and surprisingly quite pigmented too! Really glad I got Off-Duty- now I can't wait to also get the other pink lippies from Kloss Beauty! 


You May Also Like

0 comments