Quad Two of Detail Cosmetics' Sunset Dream Eyeshadow Palette

by - Monday, June 13, 2022

 


Q2 of 4.

(Click here for Quad 1)


Okay, so quad two now has more bold and colorful shadows but nothing too shocking. I'm calling this quad "A (Slight) Departure From Neutrals" because honey, we ain't in Kansas anymore. (IYKYK) :)

The shadows in this quad are:

Blossom (a satin blush beige)

Morn (a satin terracotta)

Golden (a metallic yellow gold)

Fire (a metallic apricot with gold reflect)


Here's look one, a more traditional eye look, I guess.

I used Blossom as my overall lid wash and brow bone highlight, Morn on the crease and lower lashline, Golden on the middle of my lid, and Fire on the sides of Golden on the lid and on the middle of my lower lashline. I then finished this look off this a brown eyeliner. 


Now here's look two, something that's a bit similar to the first look but I did my fave eyeshadow look: the halo. Dare I say, look two, for me, turned out waaaay better than look one.

I used Blossom as an overall lid wash, brow bone highlight, and on the middle part of my lid, Morn on the outer and inner corners of my lid, as well as in the lower lashline; Fire on top of Blossom on the middle part of the lid; and finally, Golden as my inner corner highlight. This time, I used Colourette Colourtint in Ginger as my liner.


Now here's my review on the shadows.


Blossom functions just like Solstice from Quad 1- an overall lid wash, as well as a highlight. Blossom is a bit more subtle and skinlike because of its pink tone but both shadows are great as a first layer. Blossom was very easy to blend out and it wasn't powdery at all.

My rating: ☀☀☀☀☀


Morn is probably my most fave shadow in this quad- not surprising at this point, I know haha! Morn is a gorgeous terracotta that is quite pigmented so it wasn't that hard to build up and blend out. Again, it wasn't powdery and I didn't experience fallout with this shadow. 

My rating: ☀☀☀☀


Golden is a nice metallic gold that adds sparkle and interest to any eye look. It actually reminds me of the Kat Von D shadow Sunset Blvd but Golden is lighter and yellower in tone. I find that Golden is not that pigmented and is more of a looser shadow which makes me think it's more of a glitter or a topper. I like using it as an inner corner highlight but I personally find it too yellow to be worn on my lids.

My rating: ☀☀☀☀☀


Fire is a surprise to me. I thought it was just a shimmery version of Morn but surprisingly, this shadow performed really well! For starters, it is definitely more pigmented and "solid" than Golden so yes, this can be used on its own. Second, I really like the light it brings on the eyes. It's subtle but it just brightens and completes a look. Definitely a shadow I need to use more in future looks!

My rating: ☀☀☀.5☀☀


This quad is warmer than the first quad but you can definitely still create an everyday eye look with it. Honestly, I can just use Morn and Fire on my lids and call it a day haha! But yeah, I do like that this quad has bolder colors that go really well with the shadows in the first quad. I mean, can you imagine a smokey eye using Morn, Solar, and Dusk? Cause I can. :P


And that's the first half of the Sunset Dream palette! Next week, I'll be featuring the second half, aka the crazier, bolder, more colorful half. Get excited haha!

You May Also Like

0 comments