Lippie for my 29th: Vice Cosmetics x Anne Clutz Phenomenal Velvet Liquid Lipstick in Beke Nemen

by - Friday, September 16, 2022

 


Easy pink.

Yep, that's right: I just celebrated my 29th birthday yesterday! And because of that, I have yet another birthday lippie! Dunno know when this tradition of mine started but a part of celebrating my birthday is having a new lippie. Last year it was Colourpop's Going North, (because of the pandemic, I skipped 2020), in 2019 it was Colourpop's Belle, and in 2018 it was Sunnies Face's Mood. For this year, I went with a liquid lippie from a fave local brand of mine, Vice Cosmetics.


Here I have a lippie from the Vice Cosmetics x Anne Clutz collab. It's a Phenomenal Velvet Liquid Lipstick in the shade Beke Nemen, described as a dusty orchid. I was expecting it to have a strong purple tone/undertone but turns out, it's more on the pink side. It's a nice color but it's something that you can easily find in other brands' lipstick lines. 


L-R: Beke Nemen, Maybelline's Best Babe, Rimmel's Rad, and Colourpop's More Better.

Here's a little comparison of Beke Nemen with my other liquid lippies. Beke Nemen is a carmine pink; Best Babe is a neutral true pink; Rad has a stronger red tone; and More Better is cooler and deeper than the rest. In terms of formula, Beke Nemen and Best Babe are the most similar.  


The Phenomenal Velvet Liquid Lipstick has a velvet formula that offers a soft blur effect on the lips. You can use it two ways: as your usual full pigment liquid lippie or for a blended out ombre look. I prefer using it as a liquid lippie so its full pigment will show.


The lippie's formula is quite mousse-y wherein it's a bit thick but somewhat airy. Applying it on the lips is quite easy; it's the layering that can be a bit difficult. I find that if I put on a 2nd or 3rd layer, the lippie doesn't seem to stay put and becomes patchy in some places. I eventually found out that the trick to having an even and pigmented layer on the lips is to actually spread the lippie out using your finger. The lippie seems to melt and become softer, making it easier to thin out and blend. Pigmentation is more on the medium side but it's buildable.

I also like that it doesn't feel drying on the lips although it has the tendency to cling to and highlight the dry areas of the lips. Moisturizing and exfoliating beforehand is definitely a must!


This liquid lip doesn't really dry down to a matte but what I like about it is that it leaves a nice stain on the lips. It doesn't fully come off so at least you'll still have a nice color on your lips even after drinking or eating. I wore this and pretty much forgot about it when I devoured a bowl of hot pot and to my surprise, my lips are still stained with this lippie!


If you're looking for a liquid lippie that's comfy on the lips and isn't necessarily long-wearing but leaves a nice stain on the lips, then Vice Co's Phenomenal Velvet Liquid Lipstick is worth trying! I just love how it doesn't dry out my lips, complements my skintone, and can be easily used for ombre lips! Everyday lip: sorted!

You May Also Like

0 comments