Pre-Beat Peach: Sooper Beaute Skin Cover Tint in 04

by - Thursday, October 27, 2022

 


Feeling peachy.

Just like most of you, my dark circles are a huge pain in my butt. Okay, maybe not HUGE but they're simply not the easiest to conceal. I mean, it's baffling to me that I can conceal my zits easier than my dark circles. Like, how?? I usually don't mind them peeking through my base and concealer but sometimes a girl just wants them really hidden, you know?

When concealing fails, we turn to correcting. I actually learned about correcting in the makeup schools I went to and while it can be confusing with the color wheel and all, you get used to them the more you incorporate them in your makeup routine. I have those color correcting makeup wheels and I personally just use three shades: green for redness; orange/salmon for dark blue spots, and yellow for brightening. Though I love how efficient color correcting palettes are, they can be a hassle to use. Thankfully, the local beauty industry is now more open to color correcting, with some brands even releasing color correctors for everyday use. One brand that just released a peach corrector is Sooper Beaute and I'll be reviewing that product today!


Sooper Beaute's Skin Cover Tints are "liquid skin tints that give a radiant veil to make skin look glowy and naturally seamless." The Skin Cover Tints are formulated with Vitamin E and they have a buildable coverage. They can also be used as concealer or as an entire face tint.

The Skin Cover Tint comes in a frosty tube with a doe foot applicator. It contains 6ml of product and retails for ₱199.


The Skin Tints come in 4 shades and the one I'll be talking about today is 04, the peach corrector. 04 is quite bang on with the peachiness that it's really more of a salmon in tone wherein the orange is really strong. It really reminds me of the orange creme correctors I used before! Based on the swatches I've seen so far, 04 is quite comparable to GRWM's Vol. 1 Peach Corrector.


Okay, not gonna lie, I was quite surprised with its formula. I was expecting it to have a thin and fluid formula, not a creamy and very pigmented one! A little goes a long way with this product and let me tell you why.

Firstly, like I said before, 04 is really pigmented. You don't need a lot to cover both of your undereye areas. If you go heavy handed with it, you'll look very orange and it'll peek through your base and concealer. It's better and easier to build this corrector up instead of packing it from the get-go.

And secondly, 04 has a matte finish that dries quickly, so if I put on a lot, I find it hard to blend it out seamlessly because it's already drying. I end up with a thick and very orange layer on my undereyes which is not cute at all. The trick is to warm up the product with your fingers and not directly apply it straight from the tube then blend it again with your fingers. The heat from the fingers help it become softer and easier to work with. You can also use a damp beauty blender but I prefer the finish I get from using my fingers.


My dark areas include my undereyes, a few pimple scars, and my veins on both sides of my mouth. I used my fingers to both apply and blend out the peach corrector.


Now that 04 is all blended out, it's time for my base! I used my go-to Fresh Tinted Sunscreen in Medium all over my face and blended it out with my damp beauty sponge. And voila! That's it!


I felt like my vein was still peeking through so I added a bit more of my base to further cover it up. Easy peasy!


A bit of a comparison. Left side is without makeup and right side has the corrector + tinted sunscreen combo. As you can see, my undereye with the corrector is lighter and brighter and the vein on the side of my mouth is less noticeable than the one without coverage. 

In case you were wondering, yes, I apply the corrector first before my base. I've seen some people apply correctors after their base but after trying that method out, I find that it just disturbs and moves my base, plus the corrector's harder to cover up with this method.  Think of a corrector as a primer after a primer. It's there to prep and correct the uneven discolorations of our skin so that our skin looks more even after applying our base on top.

I'm not expecting 04 to fully make my dark circles to completely disappear but I like how it lightened them up and lessened the dark tone of those areas. My undereye areas look less gray and dark, thanks to this peach corrector! On the skin, 04 feels lightweight and once it sets, that's it- it won't move. Although it has a matte finish, it doesn't really feel too drying on the skin and it doesn't get into the creases that much. 

All in all, Sooper Beaute's peach corrector is a good one! It's lightweight, pretty heavy in pigment, and does the job in correcting quite well. If you're one who wants to get into the peach correcting trend, 04 is a nice product to start with. It's pretty affordable compared to other peach correctors, will last you for a long time, and I think it's always on stock on Sooper Beaute's e-commerce platforms. Definitely a good buy in my books!

You May Also Like

0 comments