Today's Face Ft. A Mage in Red

by - Monday, October 31, 2022

 


Rojo magic.

Happy Halloween!

Okay, so this look isn't groundbreaking or skin-crawling in any way but I thought I'd still post this as my 2022 Halloween look. I don't know about you but I've been really into the medieval fantasy theme, thanks to House of the Dragon, The Witcher, and The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. My main inspo for today's look was inspired by mages- think GoT's Red Woman and Yennefer of Vengerberg.


For my face, I just wanted a clean look but not necessarily free of any imperfections. I did a bit of color corrector on my dark spots using the Sooper Beaute Skin Cover Tint in 04 then applied my fave and go-to base, the Sunglow by Fresh Creme Tinted Sunscreen. I then set some areas of my face using the Dr. Sensitive All Day No Sebum Blur Powder in Natural, specifically my under eyes, the T-zone, and the corners of my mouth and nose.


I envisioned my mage look to only have contour so I skipped the blush and went straight to sculpting. I wanted a cool-toned contour but I realized I didn't have any so instead I used an eyeshadow that's the perfect contour shade I was looking for. San San's Deep Earth Brown is a gray-undertoned brown that's exactly what I was looking for! 

As for highlight, I wanted something that's just subtle since mages aren't known for their glowiness, you know? I opted to go for NARS Nico for that subtle, barely there highlight. 


From the get-go, I wanted a dark brown smokey eye for this look. I wanted it unpolished and I wanted it cool-toned as well. Can you believe that this eye look is just two eyeshadows? I used shadows from the Stila In The Know palette to achieve this look. First, I packed Driftwood, a midtone brown, all over my lids then blended it out with Rain, a light taupe, up to my crease. I mirrored that on my lower lashline and that's pretty much it! I skipped lining my eyes but opted to fill in my upper and lower waterlines to add a bit more darkness to the look. I then finished everything with mascara using the O.TWO.O 4D Silk Fiber Eyelash Mascara.

Before I forget, my brows are the usual combo: Colourette Brow Bestie in Espresso + Colourpop's Brow Boss Gel.


Another thing I wanted was a popping red lip because mages are extra like that haha! But seriously, I wanted my version of a mage to sport a red lip because it adds to the mysteriousness, I guess? I used three products for this red lip: my base is Kloss Beauty's Pepper. Pepper is a bit of a bright red so I wanted to contrast that with a dark lip. On the center, as like a ombre lip, I used Colourette's Colourtint in Coco. And for a bit more dimension, I topped it off with Detail Cosmetics' Jelly Lips.


And that's it! This red hood I'm using is actually a capelet that I wore during my sister's wedding and I still freaking love it up to this day. It's velvet, it's red, and it's freaking perfect for this mage look vibe I'm going for. As I said, this isn't a groundbreaking look; in fact, I think this can be a good evening makeup look even after Halloween! 


Hope you have a good Halloween!

You May Also Like

0 comments