Today's Face Ft. A Pop of Shimmery Cranberry

by - Monday, November 07, 2022

 


A bit of rust vibes.

Easy beat for today's post!


When I was in the process of doing my makeup, I actually didn't have a certain look or even a color theme in mind. It's one of those moments where I just pick up a product I want and roll with it. All I wanted was to paint my face- period. Doesn't matter if my color selections don't go well; I just wanted them on my face.

Well, thankfully, the products I picked out produced a good look haha! I actually like how my eyes ended up, considering the base color I used looked like it won't pair well with my blush. Overall theme ended up with hints of pink all over, from the shimmery shadow I used, to my blush, and up to my lips. Okay, not bad!


Before putting on any base products, I first used Sooper Beaute's Skin Cover Tint in 04 to color correct my dark spots, like undereyes, a few pimple scars, and my veins on the sides of my mouth. 

For today's base, I skipped my usual tinted sunscreen and went for Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation in 220 Natural Beige. I haven't used this in a while and I'm glad I got to rediscover this again! I feel like it's a tiny bit darker than my tinted sunscreen but it eventually evened out when I put on powder on top.

I skipped concealer (as usual) and went straight to powder. I used the Dr. Sensitive All Day Blur Powder in Natural. Just love how subtle yet brightening this powder this!


For my blush, I initially started with Issy and Co's Creme Blush in Gold Digger but I wasn't feeling it. SO, I added a bit of Cathy Doll's Cotton Shine Blusher in Frozen Peach for a bit more color and shimmer. I added a subtle contour as well using Vice Co's Aura Contour in Porshur. I wanted a subtle definition that won't "fight" with my blush and Porshur is a great product for that. 


For my eyes, I used Colourette's Colourtint in Ellie all over my eyes. Ellie is a nice muted red brown that I just love to use if I want a quick grungy eye. I'd usually leave it as it is after blending but I had the urge to top it with a shimmery shadow so I did, using the shadow Candlelit from the Sunset Dream Palette of Detail Cosmetics. Candlelit is a metallic boysenberry that's just perfect on top of Ellie. I only applied Candlelit on the center of my lids for that spotlight hit of shimmer. So nice!!

I skipped the eyeliner and just went with mascara: Maybelline's HyperCurl. 

For brows, I wanted a bushy but not so filled in look. I went with Dear Self Beauty's Betterbrow in Brianna to achieve that. 


Finally, for the lips, I wanted color but nothing that will clash with my eyes and cheeks. To tie off everything, I selected Vice Co's Velvet Liquid Lipstick in Beke Nemen but instead of applying it fully, I blended it out with my finger to achieve a sheerer opacity. 


And that's pretty much it for today's look. Love how everything turned out- especially the eyes. It's a wearable grunge that's so easy to achieve. Definitely see myself recreating this eye look again!


See you on the next one! xx

You May Also Like

0 comments