My Top Ten Beauty Products of 2022!

by - Wednesday, December 28, 2022

 


Top picks!

I really feel like 2022 is the year when I got back my love for makeup and beauty blogging again. It was the year I started to follow more beauty content creators and the year I started to experiment and enjoy putting on a full face of makeup- yes, including contour and blush! Which also means yes, it was the year when I went on almost a monthly shopping spree. RIP wallet.

2022 is also the year of so many releases, it was hard to keep up! I personally tried but gave up since my savings aren't having it haha! The products I get to try this year were a mixed bag, but I'm glad that most of them are good and worth every cent. So, here are my top products of this year!


1. Colourette Cosmetics Colourtints


-I feel like all year, all I wanted to do was collect Colourtints, specifically their minis! I just love the formula, the finishes, and pigmentation of the Colourtints- I think they're the only tints that really stay on my face for hours, even without setting them. Plus, you can't really beat their shade range. (I mean, the new 9 shades?? Please, I need to have them in my collection, preferable as minis as well!) In addition to my minis, I also got my first full-sized Colourtint this year: Lucy, a gorgeous red that was my Christmas lippie!

Also, as of today, I'm glad to report that my minis collection is almost complete: I'm only missing Rosa!


2. Anne Clutz Ultimate Beginner Brush Set

-It has been years since I last got a new set of brushes so I'm elated to have a new one! I've been eyeing this particular brush set for years and when I tried their individual brushes, the Contour and Big Blending, I knew I had to get the whole set asap. Though these are synthetic brushes, they're so soft and they're not as scratchy as some of my real hair brushes. Plus, these synthetic brushes have been a huge help for me with blending and applying any liquid and cream products. Honestly, if you can, get your hands on this brush set! So worth it!


3. Luxe Organix Aqua Daily Sunscreen

-If there's one sunscreen that kickstarted my daily sunscreen habit, it's this. I just love the non-sticky formula of this product and just how lightweight it is on the skin. It's quite moisturizing too and it doesn't leave a thin film on the skin- perfect to use under makeup. I like that you can also use it on your body!


4. Detail Cosmetics Sunset Dream Eyeshadow Palette

- I honestly didn't expect to use this palette a lot when I got it but it has been my go-to for my makeup looks. This palette is perfect because it already has everything I need: neutrals, colors, and shimmers/glitters. The shadows are pigmented and easy to blend (except for Nostalgia, lezz be honest) and they just get my eye looks done in a snap. Definitely a good buy!

 

5. Sunglow by Fresh Crème Tinted Sunscreen in Medium

-Of course this product will be here on this list haha! Though I only got it back in September, I have been reaching for it and using it constantly. Medium is my almost perfect shade match and I like that it's more of a neutral tone than something that's too warm to cool. I like how it feels lightweight on the skin even though it has an impressive coverage and SPF50 and it's also pretty affordable! I'm almost out of the one I have and I'm definitely placing an order for a new one!


6. Dear Self Beauty Betterbrow

-I took the plunge and got myself a brow soap this year! Betterbrow is my first ever brow soap and I am obssessed. I just like how it grooms my brows and makes them look semi-laminated. Brianna is the perfect shade for my black hair and since it's tinted, I can use it on its own and still have just right filled-in brows. Very convenient for on the go!  


7. Mondaze Cosmetics ProLip

-Would you believe me if I told you that this is the only lip balm I used this year? I got this lip balm back in May and I just finished it up a week ago- how insane is that?? What I like about this lip balm is its formula and texture. Unlike other balms in the market that are slippery, this has more of a beeswax texture, making it more long-lasting, hydrating, and waterproof on the lips. I use this religiously every night as a lip treatment and I wake up with soft, moisturized lips. No chapped lips for the majority of the year, thanks to this one!  


8 . Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Rolly in Bebe

You all now how much I don't like those water-based lip and cheek tints but this one is an exception. I think what I like about this rolly is that it's not water-based haha! I've never seen a matte lip and cheek rolly before that's also quite opaque so this was a surprise for me. Bebe is a gorgeous everyday peach shade that I like wearing for a fuss-free look. This rolly is always in my bag because it's so easy and quick to apply, whether it's on the cheeks or lips.


9. Vice Aura Contour (Confeeerm + Porshur)

I have to thank these two contouring powders for making contouring easier for me! It's so nice having both these powders because they work so well: Confeeerm as a brontour and for deeper shading, and Porshur for a quick subtle definition. Both powders are so easy to blend out that I don't have any harsh lines on my cheeks every time I used them. Super love!


10. H&M Pure Gloss Top Coat 

-Okay, this last one is a bit of a curveball but honestly, this top coat has been a mani saver. You don't know how much of a struggle it is to find a good quick drying top coat! I've been out of my fave Seche Vite for years now so I'm glad to have found something a bit similar but more affordable. This top coat doesn't mess around- it legit dries down very quickly and makes any polish really  glossy and pretty. Another go-to of mine (and yes, I need to get a new one since it's all finished up!)


 And that's it for my 2022 favorites! I had a lot of favorite products I used this month but I just picked my top 10 so this won't be such a long post. If I only had to recommend three things in this list, it would be the Colourtints, the Tinted Sunscreen, and the Beginner Brush Set.

I'm so ready to discover and try new beauty products in 2023! Fingers crossed they're are good as the ones I tried this year!


You May Also Like

0 comments