#TakeTheTint With Colourette Colourtint in Lucy

by - Friday, December 23, 2022

 


L for Lucy.

It's two days before Christmas so OF COURSE I'll feature yet another red lippie!


Can you believe that I got this lippie as a freebie? Thanks to Colourette's CEO Nina Cabrera's TikTok live back in October, I was able to get this lippie as a freebie when I purchased one of their Coloursnaps. I wasn't supposed to get anything from that live but since it was a red Colourtint, I thought I'd try it and see if I can use it for the holidays. Yes, I saved it just for Christmas!


Here I have Lucy, a chili red shade. Lucy is a matte variant, which means it is pigmented and opaque in finish. And yes, this is my first full-sized Colourtint! This one comes with the infamous steel ball that makes noise when you shake the bottle haha!


I though I'd use Lucy differently on the eyes: as an eyeliner! You all know how fascinated I am with using anything red on the eyes so here's Lucy as liner. Lucy was very easy to use as an eyeliner because unlike gels, this Colourtint is more thin and fluid, which means it's easier to control. However, I noticed that the more you layer it on, the longer it dries down. You really have to wait for it to dry or even put eyeshadow on top of it so it doesn't smudge or run.


Surprisingly, I quite like Lucy on the cheeks. I used a very light hand with it because I know how pigmented this tint can be. And look! It's a lovely flush of color that looks good on morena skintone. Lucy as a blush- who knew!


Lastly, I think we can all agree that this is a winner on the lips. It's literally the perfect Christmas/holiday red lippie! It's a lovely rich deep red that's right up my alley, plus it was so easy to apply, thanks to its doe foot applicator! As promised, Lucy has an opaque coverage and I was able to get an even layer after two coats. And yes, although it's matte, it was still comfy on the lips but I still recommend exfoliating and moisturizing beforehand. 


This right here is my Christmas 2022 red lip! I cannot rock this before, during, and after the holidays. Also, I know it's already pretty on its own but can you imagine topping it with a gloss??? DIVINE.


Hope you all have a very merry Christmas/ happy holidays and please, by all means, slay away! 'Tis the season, after all. 

See you on my next post!


You May Also Like

0 comments