Less on the Medium, More on the Tan: Sooper Beaute Skin Cover Tint 02

by - Wednesday, December 21, 2022

 


(But I still made it work.)

Back in October, I featured the new peach corrector I added to my stash: Sooper Beaute's Skin Cover Tint in 04. 04 is a very pigmented corrector that's great in correcting my dark areas or lines on my face, plus it's affordable and will last you a long time. When I purchased 04, I also got myself one of the concealer shades in this line. So today, I'll be talking about 02!


Quick recap: the Skin Cover Tint gives a radiant veil to the skin for a natural seamless look. It is formulated with Vitamin E that strengthens and protects the skin while covering up skin imperfections. The Skin Cover Tint can be used as both concealer and face tint.


The concealers only come in two shades and here I have shade 02 Medium Tan. I'm technically more of a light-medium/ medium shade so I thought I'd go with 02 since 01 looks really light on me.

Texture-wise, 02 has the same creamy consistency as 04. Both aren't too thin and liquidy but they're fluid enough to blend out easily. I never experience any tugging with these Skin Cover Tints- they just blend out like a dream! As for coverage, I'd say 02 has more of a medium opacity but it's definitely buildable. I like using this on days when I want extra coverage without fully covering up those areas.


02 surprisingly has a strong orange tone to it. In the photo above, I think it's quite obvious that it's not a match for me so I won't be using this as a face tint.


However, for some reason, it still works as a concealer on me! When blended, it doesn't look too dark or deep against my skintone. Plus, the orange tone helps cancel my dark undereyes and somehow, subtly brightens them too!


One trick I do to somehow "correct" 02's tone is to use a yellow-toned powder to set it. I use my ever trusty Dr. Sensitive No Sebum Powder in Natural to set it and now 02 looks like a shade match on me! Additionally, whenever I have more time, I use 02 as a corrector concealer then I top it off with a lighter yellow toned concealer. This also helps in minimizing 02's orange tone and it gives me more coverage.


I really wish Sooper Beaute has a shade in between 01 and 02 because I think that'll be my perfect match. However, I'm glad I can make 02 work because it'll be a waste if I'm not able to use it. 02 as a concealer is good if you want a concealer that's more of a creamier texture than a liquid one, if you're more into medium coverage ones, and if you're on a budget. 


You May Also Like

0 comments