A Glossy Rouge: Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Kissable Lip Shine in 107 Tender Trap

by - Wednesday, April 03, 2024

 


Shiny and tinted.

    I always get surprised and giddy whenever my Mom gives me makeup because this doesn't happen often! Nowadays, my sister and I are the ones who often give her her supplies so I always get caught off guard whenever she gives me something haha! Most of the products she gives (or passes lol) to me are ones given to her as gifts, products that she doesn't see herself using. Like this product I'll be reviewing today!


    This is Estée Lauder's Pure Color Envy Kissable Lip Shine, a line that promises to provide luminous sheer colour and comfort on the lips. These glosses are formulated with Hyaluronic Acid that gives them their lightweight and hydrating texture. These glosses have a sheer coverage but are buildable to a medium and come with a brush applicator.


    The shade I have here is Tender Trap, a medium pink red. It's a color that's pretty bright and apt for the holidays but it's a shade of red that I personally don't usually go for since this kind of red doesn't look that good on my pigmented lips. I think this'll look better on fairer skintones though!

    Speaking of holidays, as you can see, this tube of Tender Trap has a festive look to it with the lovely snowflakes around it and that's because this edition of Tender Trap was part of Estee Lauder's holiday collection! It was included in their yearly "blockbuster" set and I heard (and correct me if I'm wrong) that this was also available as a freebie at some point, like a gift with purchase kind of promo. So yeah, that's why this packaging looks extra! 


    Now let's get down to the gloss. It has been a while since I wore a gloss so it took me a while to kind of get used to its texture. This gloss may look quite gloopy on the tube but when applied, it feels thinner than expected on the lips. However, it's not as thin and slippery as a lip oil as it still has a slight glossy feel and stickiness to it. I like that it's not too sticky to the point where my lips form a sort of "cheese pull" look whenever I open them. As far as lip glosses go, I find its stickiness quite tolerable and relatively comfy.

On the lips, Tender Trap does feel lightweight on its own. I like that it gives my lips shine and color and that it can be built up to get to the opacity I want. It applies quite evenly and smoothly, and it doesn't build up on the lines and crevices of my lips. It also feels like this lip shine sets a little bit, which makes it less prone to bleeding outside my lip line. As this is a gloss, expect transfer and smearing when you eat, drink, kiss, etc.


    Overall, Estée Lauder's Tender Trap Lip Shine is quite a nice lip gloss. It's lightweight and doesn't slip and slide on the lips. Since it's tinted, you can easily wear this on its own to give your lips a quick coat of color and shine. It's a good tinted and hydrating gloss but to be frank, there's nothing new and outstanding about it, save for its packaging and applicator (which I have mixed feelings for). Glad to have it in my stash, though!


You May Also Like

0 comments