Blender on Duty: Dazzle Me Double Duty Makeup Sponge

by - Thursday, April 25, 2024

 


New sponge!

    It has been a while since I reviewed a makeup sponge (a year and a few months, to be exact!) so here's a new one! To be fair, the reason why I don't review blenders that often is because the ones I have are surprisingly sturdy. I only replace my sponges if they're tattered and discolored beyond repair and yes, one of my sponges did retire, hence my new sponge replacement!

    If you remember, last December, Dazzle Me sent me an advent calendar-esque/inspired curation box and one of the items in it was their own blender sponge. I've been testing and using it for a while now and here are my thoughts!



    This is the Double Duty Makeup Sponge, a precision-engineered beauty blending sponge for wet and dry use. This sponge originally retails for ₱398 but for a limited time (and during sales!), you can get it for only ₱199! Also, this sponge comes in two colors: a pink and a bright green!



    Like most of the sponges I use, this one also has a flat edge top and a pointed tip bottom. I quite like this shape in a sponge because I can use the flat edge and the curved body for the broad areas in my face while the pointed top helps me reach the nooks and corners, as well as achieve a more targeted blend in certain areas.



    This is a side by side of a dry version and wet version of the sponge. Look how massive that got! Super love that it got bigger as this makes blending base products easier and faster.



    The Double Duty sponge, in my opinion, is a good affordable sponge. It has this toughness to it that indicates that it won't get teared up easily. I've used this sponge in its wet form on both creams and liquids and I'm happy to report that it blends both products quickly and beautifully without absorbing product too much. If you want a base, especially a sheer one, to have a bit of a fuller coverage, this sponge is a good one to use. I also love using this sponge to further blend out a liquid or cream blush, although I don't use it to apply blushes because I find it quite huge and intimidating. Instead, I use a synthetic brush to apply and blend then this sponge to further blend it out, if that makes sense.

    I personally quite like the Double Duty Makeup Sponge. It has the toughness I quite like in a sponge and it just does the job it's supposed to do, you know? If you like makeup sponges that are a bit tougher and you're okay with a little bit of resistance or bounce, then you'll like this sponge. Plus points too because it's also quite easy to clean!

You May Also Like

0 comments