Into the Meh Pile: Australis 3 in 1 Wipes

by - Friday, June 05, 2015

I know I'm supposed to be happy cause it's Friday but you know, this just had to be done.

It's a bummer when something that looks exciting isn't so exciting after all. That's what I experienced with the Australis 3 in 1 Wipes. I got this a few months back when I was on a makeup remover high. I was never a makeup wipes girl; I always stick with my trusty cotton pad + liquid makeup remover combo. But then again I'm always up to trying beauty products so this pack went home with me.

There are a lot of promising things that can be read on the flap. It cleanses, tones, and moisturizes, it gently removes makeup and mascara, it has skin-soothing ingredients like chamomile and aloe vera, etcetera, etcetera. Sounds like the perfect makeup wipe, no? Spoiler alert: Nope, it isn't. And Imma tell you why.

First up, the wipes aren't damp. Imagine you have a cleansing wipe. Wring it out. Now you're left with a semi-dry wipe. That's exactly how damp Australis wipes are. Having a not-so-wet wipe just isn't fun to use, you know? Like it's not enough to remove everything on your face. And that brings me to my second issue: it doesn't clean that well. It removes powder just fine...blush, face powder, eyeshadow, brow powder...all of that's fine. Creams? Out of the freaking question. Mascara? Don't even bother. I did try to take out my lippie using this...let's just say I needed a bit of a lip balm after some scrubbin lovin. Third issue: the price. I got this on a Watsons sale so I'm good with it not working on me cause I just got it for S$2. Apparently, it's original price is S$6 which I think is a bit much for something that doesn't work that well. The Daiso Cleansing Water is just S$2 and it works so much more that this. Just sayin'.

To balance out the negative vibes radiating from the paragraph above, I'm gonna add some pros on this product. One, it doesn't leave the face so oily. It actually moisturizes the skin so I can go a few more hours before heading to the bathroom sink to wash my face. Two, it's fragrance-free. Three, it has a simple yet striking packaging. Black with a pink flap? Digging it.

I'm obviously not going to purchase this again but if you want to try it out yourself, I'm not gonna stop you. If it works for you, then good. If not, come back here and let's bitch about it together. It's a win-win either way haha. I'll be waiting! x

You May Also Like

1 comments