Nail of the Week: Missha Lucid Nail Polish in BL06

by - Friday, March 18, 2016

The freebie polish that's now one of my faves.

Honestly, I love buying magazines in Singapore. They have ones in English, in Japanese (my 14y/o self would diiiieeeee), in Chinese, and I'm pretty sure they have more in other languages. But aside from the vast selection of fashion and beauty magazines, what I love most about buying magazines in Singapore is the freebies. Not just any freebies- freebies that you can actually use and enjoy. I've had some skin care freebies, a small plastic envelope pouch which I currently use to store my passport and hard drive, a stinking cute Coach notebook, and most recently, a Missha freebie pack containing 2 new products. Today, I'm featuring the free nail polish I got.

When I got my freebies, I wasn't able to pick the shade I wanted. It was a random pick by the person manning the cashier, so in a way, it's fair game. I got BL06, a shade I thought I'd hate but ended up using more than once. BL06 is this gorgeous cool blue creme polish. I can't decide if it's like a Carolina blue or a blue-gray but it's something along those lines. I like how it looks good and bright on the nails without looking tacky or hideous, and it's perfect for the upcoming summer season here in the PH. I personally love using it on my toes because it makes my feet look decent whenever I wear sandals.

This is my first Missha polish and I have to say, I quite like it. The formula is a little on the thick side but it's totally workable. It glides smoothly on the nails and thank the heavens because it doesn't flood on the cuticles. There's a little bit of streaking but I figured that this is the type of polish that needs to be applied thickly on one go to avoid that. Two coats make it all nice and uniform and if you see a some streaking, top coat usually tames it. I think the only challenge here is the application because of the brush. The paddle brush is quite wide and rounded so it's a struggle to keep the cuticles polish-free. It can also be a challenge if your nails are quite narrow. But if you can work past that, then it's all good.

So far, I love using this polish and it made me more curious on Missha's nail polish line. Apparently, the Lucid range has a Matt(!!) line and MBR01 looks miighty fine...

You May Also Like

0 comments