My Makeup Artistry Supplies

by - Saturday, June 11, 2011

 I am a makeup artistry student and I can't wait to start!

  While other 17 year-old teens go to universities and colleges, here I am taking something different. Before I was diagnosed with lupus, my plan was to attend a college and take up film directing. But honestly, I was not really passionate and enthusiastic about it. When my sister was preparing for here wedding last year, she came up with the idea of me studying makeup. I considered this a joke because I wasn't really into makeup before. But I considered it. That's when I started to watch makeup tutorials in Youtube. If I remember correctly, the first guru I watched was Michelle Phan. Then I started to explore and discover more gurus and I think watching videos trigerred and intensified my love for makeup to the point that decided to be a makeup artist myself.


   I consider myself lucky because I have a very supportive family. They don't really mind the fact that I like to be a makeup artist and the fact that I don't want to go to a university. They urged me to look for makeup schools I could go to. Luckily, I found some. Originally, I was supposed to go to Singapore to go to a makeup school there. But since the school is currently not accepting foreign students, we decided to try the school nearest our place. And that's the HD Makeup Studio & Academy, formerly known as Basement Academy. The class I'll attend this Monday, June 13, is the HD Beauty & Fashion Makeup. I opted for the weekdays class, Mondays to Thursdays, 4 hours a day. It'll be for two weeks. And I. CAN'T. WAIT.

  So today, we went back to their office to shop for supplies and pay the tuition fee. So here are some photos of the stuff I got for school!

  Okay before you freak out about my traincase looking so full and kind of packed, let me tell you that I did not buy everything. I just combined my current makeup items in my kit. But yeah, I got the traincase from the school.

  First two items I got from the school: RCMA Color Process Foundation and Graftobian Corrector and Neutralizer Wheels. Look how thick the foundations are! This will proabably last me a looooooooong time.

  Next are Graftobian HD Pro Powder Foundations. Both can be used as setting powders though each can also do other functions. Porcelain Doll can be used as a highlight and Cafe Au Lait can be used as a contour corrector.

  Graftobian Cake Eye Liner in Jet Black. This is a liner that can function as a liquid/cream liner when sprayed with water. Can't wait to use it for our Avant Garde class!

  An unsharpened Sanford eyebrow pencil in Jet Black.

  OCC Lip Tars. The clear one really makes me excited.

  Nurturing Force Anti-Shine HD Primer.

  Disposable mascara wands, HD Blender, mixing palette, and spatula.

  Here's my 20-piece Royal & Langnickel Brush Set. So freaking soft, I love it.

  Here's something I got that won't fit inside my makeup box. This is NYX's Make-Up Artist Set. When I saw this, I immediately wanted to get it. This is such an awesome palette. You already have eye shadows, blushes, bronzers, and lip colors. Freaking cool.

  So there you go. The kit's still incomplete because I still have to buy eyeliners, mascaras, eyelash glues, an eyelash curler, etc. Class will start on Monday! So freaking excited.



You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. where did you purchase the rcma palette i can't find the 6shade one in that version

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it in HD Makeup Studio & Academy. They sell the 6-block foundation and palette foundations from RCMA and Graftobian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, may I ask how much did you spend sa mga gamit na nabili mo sa HD make up? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Actually antagal na nun eh but if I remember correctly, roughly 60k-70k ata but that was 5 years ago na, baka nagtaas na sila ng prices. Go give them a call if you're interested. :)

      Delete