The End of an Era

by - Sunday, July 17, 2011


  Last Saturday, I watched the last installment of my childhood Harry Potter: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two with my parents. I felt a wave of sadness when I was already inside of the cinema. Thinking that it's the last film is a lot of take in. The end of this movie is indeed the end of an era.

  When I saw the title logo playing, I got a bit teary eyed. This would be the last time I'll see the movie logo in the big screen. Sure I can always buy the DVD when it comes out but watching this movie inside the cinema is different. So anyway, there are a few highlights I liked and me me sad/emotional in the film.

1. This part made me sad. Seeing the twins together for the last time, seeing George talking to his brother for the last time. I've always liked the Weasley twins and knowing that one of them dies and actually seeing it is again a lot to take in.

2. This part was very nice. I liked seeing Professor McGonagall very relaxed and being less serious. Boom!

3. This part was also funny.

4. The sole reason I cried: seeing Fred Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks, and Remus Lupin dead. They were all memorable characters and yes, they died heroically. Fred :(

5. THIS.

6. I also liked this Ron Weasley moment.

7. The much awaited Ron/Hermione kiss. Loved it!

8. The epilogue was lovely. Lovely.

9. I can't get over Lord Voldemort hugging Draco Malfoy. AWKWARD!

10. This Molly Weasley moment was wicked!

Proper words to describe the last film: awesome, bloody brilliant, lovely, amazing, overwhelming, must watch, best movie of the year, must re-watch, fantastic, enchanting, and most of all, magical. 

Thank you, J.K. Rowling, for giving me and all Potterheads a memorable childhood. Thank you to the cast for giving justice to the characters you portrayed. And before I forget, thank you again, J.K. Rowling for telling us that Hogwarts will always be our home. :)

Typing that made me a bit emotional. Okay, in other news, I wasn't able to wear my Gryffindor shirt. I ended up wearing my Filthy Mudbloods shirt. Haha!

Yes, the cabinet with the big mirror behind me is my makeup mirror for clients. I still have to shop for bulbs though!

And also, Mom bought me the sneakers I've been wanting for a long time. Happy! :)


*credits: All gifs used in this post belong to their respective owners in Tumblr. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments