LOTD: Dark and Charred

by - Sunday, August 05, 2012

  For today's LOTD, I decided to do something dark, a change from my neutrals and colorful looks. I think my goal was to combine rock-chick makeup with vampire makeup when I was doing this. Hence, this was what I came up with. I'm not really an expert in dark looks, especially with black as the main color, so I'm trying really hard to work on it. Hopefully, I'll be better on my next dark looks. :)

1. After priming the lids, apply a black eyeliner on your lid, starting from your lashline and work your way up. Smudge/blend to avoid creasing. This will serve as the base from the black shadow.


2. Next, get your blackest black shadow and apply it on top of the black base. It's up to you whether the shadow is matte, shimmer, satin, or with glitters. Feel free to use what you have.

3. For the crease, I decided to use a warm bronze/copper shimmer/satin shadow. This makes the look more interesting and smoked out compared to using matte shadows.

4. Apply black liner on your lower lashline, blend/smudge with the bronze shadow. Tightline and line the waterline.

5. Apply mascara. You can also put on false lashes if you want.

6. The "charred" part of this look is actually on the lips. Line your lips with a red lip liner, apply a deep red lipstick, and blot. Now, get your black liner, smudge a bit on your finger, dab the excess on your hand, then dab on your lips. It will give the charred effect I did here. 

Products Used:
MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder
Kat Von D "Blacksmith"
NYX Shadow (It's part of the Make-Up Artist palette.)
Kat Von D Sin-Full Lash "Puro Amor"
The Body Shop lip liner "Mauve Berry"
Elizabeth Arden lipstick "Cranberry Cream"

More photos!

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really like the makeup you did here! I always try to make my eyeshadow look like that on my eyes and I can never seem to get it right haha

    I'm a relatively new blogger and I'm always looking for ways to improve my own site. Thanks for providing inspiration on yours!

    If you have time, would you mind checking out my blog? It would mean a lot to me because I need all the feedback I can get!

    Thanks and happy blogging!

    Christina
    http://estelachristina.blogspot.com/


    p.s. If you follow let me know, I'll return the favor :)

    ReplyDelete