Foodstagram!

by - Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hey guys, I'm here to make you (and probably me) hungry! My three weeks in Singapore involved a lot of walking, shopping, riding wrong buses (never again!), mall hopping, babysitting, and of course, eating! Like OMG, food in that country is the bomb. You get to taste a lot of cuisines like Indian, Malaysian, Japanese, Chinese, Western, Filipino, Vietnamese, and more. So here are some of the food I've gobbled during my stay. Enjoy!

Our homemade Lemon Chiffon Cake with Strawberries. We made this cake for Hugo's 1st birthday and let me tell you, this cake was made with labor, love, and a lot of modifications. My sister and I had to go to the grocery to buy a small carton of whipping cream because the cream we first used was an epic fail. The strawberries were actually a last minute idea. But despite all the horrors, we were so happy that the finished product looked like a decent birthday cake in the end. It was yummy too!

Ice Potong. Can I just say that this ice cream made me curious and baffled at the same time? Curious, because I've never seen such ice cream flavor before. Baffled because I don't know whether to like it or hate it. Anyway, it's a decent cooler, kinda like halo-halo on a stick with only red beans in it. I think it's a must try for tourists or for anyone who wants ice cream!

Kaya toast + teh c. Mom and I decided to have a light breakfast at the airport before her flight. You just cannot leave Singapore without having these two. Or coffee/kopi if you're not a fan of tea.


4 Fingers Soy Garlic & Spicy Drummettes. I bought a box of six drummettes for my sister because mom and I had dinner at 4 Fingers in Plaza Singapura when we went out. I was able to taste the spicy one and damn it's so hot! I liked how crispy the chicken skin was. I really wasn't able to taste the meat because it was so damn spicy! :)) Anyway, I'm kinda sad I wasn't able to take a photo of my default order in 4 Fingers: the chicken wrap. OMG, I MISS THE CHICKEN WRAP! :((((

 Magnum Minis. I was finally able to taste these Magnum flavors! Singapore has boxes of Magnum Minis with different flavors and this combo got my attention. I have to say Limoncello became my favorite because I like anything lemony. It's a combination of chocolate, and vanilla ice cream with limoncello swirls. Yummo! I also enjoyed Irish Cream as well, though I have to be honest, I thought it was just vanilla ice cream, only better, because I have no idea what Irish Cream tastes like. xD

Homemade hummus! Oh gosh, it was the first time my sister and I made hummus and we totally fell in love with it! We loved it on naan and even on toasted bread. I wasn't able to try it on chips but based on the people who had a portion of the hummus, it was yummy on chips too. Can't wait to make hummus again!

McSpicy. I first had McSpicy here in the Philippines before I went to Singapore. I totally liked it because it was filling and had the right level of spiciness. So when my bro-in-law and I went to McDonald's (in Singapore) to buy dinner after watching a movie (Pacific Rim! OMG, I AM OBSESSED!), I automatically chose McSpicy. The McSpicy in Singapore was fiery! I think I gulped down my Sprite instantly plus two-three glasses of iced water just to wash the spiciness down. But I still find the McSpicy yummy though. :))

Japanese Biscuits with Cheesecake Filling. I went to Clarke Quay Central one day and found a shop called Yamakawa Super. It sells Japanese food: biscuits, sweets, drinks, condiments, nori sheets, and more. I found this cheesecake filled biscuits because of its cute packaging and an image of a slice of Japanese cheesecake. So yeah. :)) I found it a bit sweet for my taste which only means one thing: I'm old! :))))

Morinaga's Azuki Caramel. Found this one in Yamakawa Super too. It was one of the products on sale and since I like caramel candies, I decided to buy a box for me to try. When I first tried one, I wondered why it tasted like a melon-flavored caramel candy. Even my mom said it tasted like melon. So one fine day, I Googled the transaltion of azuki and apparently azuki means "red bean"! Yep, the same red bean in ice potong. :)) So yeah, it totally tastes like red bean to me now. The candies are chewy/gooey, if you know what I mean.

My sister's cheesecake brownies. Oh my, I miss these killer brownies already! I absolutely love the combination of the chewy brownies with the generous cheesecake topping/icing. Droooooooool. If you're in Singapore and you want to try these brownies, just contact my sister. One batch of brownies (24 pieces/chunks) costs S$50. GO ORDER NOW. NOOOOOOWWWWWW.

Oh you know, just a glass of my favorite Pokka Ice Lemon Tea. ^_^

Skinny Pizza's Meatball Spaghetti Napolitana and Salami and Pesto pizza. We went to Skinny Pizza for dinner on my last night in SG. I looove the pizza. It was refreshing and light, and I love the addition of pine nuts. The spaghetti was filling and yummy, even my 1 year old nephew like it! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a photo of Old-Fashioned American Sliders. SO. GOOD. You know what comes with the sliders? Truffle freaking Fries. Goodness gracious.

My sister, bro-in-law, and I met up in Riverview Hotel to have lunch in Irodori, an a la carte Japanese buffet. Here are the majority of the food we ordered.
Sashimi. Look at that sashimi plate. Just look at it and droooool. Really loved this because the fishes were so fresh and just plain delicious.

Ebi tempura. Staple order in Japanese restaurants.

California Maki. Another staple. Loved this one too!

Tamago maki. My sister's order. It was a mouthful. :))

Vegetable tempura. Pa-healthy, uyyyy! :)))

Kanistick bacon maki. When this arrived at our table, we thought it was such a lonely dish. Imagine this without the lemon and parsley (?). It looked really lonely. So my sister put the lemon and parsley to brighten the dish up. However, this was really tasty. I mean seriously, anything with bacon is fantastic.

Chawanmushi. Decided to try this because of curiosity. Chawanmushi is an egg custard dish, for those of you who don't know. It's salty, kinda like salted egg in custard form. Now that I've tried Chawanmushi, let's just say I'm not gonna order it again. :))

Grilled Ebi Mentai Mayo. Grilled shrimp with mayo + roe sauce. So good but so bad at the same time! You must order this when you go to Irodori. A must!!

Buta Enoki Maki. Translation: Pork Roll with Golden Mushroom. It was yummy bit a bit chewy.

So. Are you hungry now? :P


You May Also Like

0 comments