Quick View: Sleek Au Naturel Palette

by - Tuesday, August 06, 2013

OMG, I have a Sleek makeup palette!

 You have no idea how excited I am right now. This is my very first Sleek palette and I fell in love with it instantly mainly because it's a neutral palette. My love for neutral palettes will never end. They're just so easy to use and they're fool-proof. The shadows in neutral palettes just look great on everyone. Some people prefer colorful shadows but not me. I prefer neutrals over colors. But please don't think of me as entirely boring because I love playing with colors too. It's just that every time I use colorful shadows, I tend to just use one and all the other shadows are......yep, you guessed it, neutrals.

 Anyway, here's a quick view + swatches of the Au Naturel palette. Enjoy!

 The case of this palette is thin and sleek and definitely not on the glossy side. I think, however, that it's not sturdy at all so you've got to be careful with it. The inside contains a mirror and the twelve shadows of the palette plus an applicator (which I threw out the moment I opened this. I just hate makeup sponge tips. Bleh.).

 From the first look, you can see that it's a beautiful mix of mattes and shimmery shadows. Good to know there's no glitter shadows because I HATE them. Also, see how it doesn't have the waffle-like pattern old Sleek shadows had before?
Top photo: Natural Light
Bottom photo: With Flash

Let me break down the shadows into quads.
Top shadows
a. Nougat - matte white shadow
b. Nubuck - matte light grey shadow

Bottom shadows
a. Conker - shimmery brown-purple with a hint of red/maroon
b. Moss - shimmery brownish golden olive

 I absolutely love Conker. I think it was love at first swatch. It's  pigmented and the shade is amazing! The weakest shadow is definitely Nubuck. It didn't want to show up on my finger no matter how many times I swiped my finger on the pan. Although, I think this would be a perfect shadow for blending/downblending. It wouldn't show up but it'll help in blending out those harsh edges. Nougat is a stark white shadow, definitely not comparable to Urban Decay's Kinky. Moss is a unique shadow. I thought it looked like Evil Monkey from the Candelabra palette but I find that Moss is more an olive shade than a brown shade.

Top shadows
a. Cappucino - matte light beige
b. Honeycomb - matte beige

Bottom shadows
a. Bark - matte brown grey
b. Mineral Earth - shimmery dark brown with a subtle hint of bronze

I fell in love with the shimmery shadow again! Mineral Earth is gorgeous, yes? I think it would look great on the lid because you just can't put such a gorgeous on the outer v. Just no. Cappucino is a weak shade because it's not as pigmented as the other three colors though it would look great as a lid wash. Honeycomb looks like the daughter of Kinky and Freestyle from Urban Decay's Smoked palette. Bark is another unique shade and a new one in my collection.

Top shadows
a. Toast - matte peachy beige
b. Taupe - shimmery champagne with a slight pink undertone (or it must be because of the pink shimmer)

Bottom shadows
a. Regal - matte and slightly shimmery dark purple with brown undertone (or is it the other way around?)
b. Noir - matte jet black

 I'm always on the look out for pigmented black shadows and Noir didn't disappoint! I love how pigmented it is and it's comparable to Urban Decay's Blackout. Toast looked like Freestyle but once swatched, Freestyle is definitely more pigmented. Regal looks like Blackhearts, only deeper, has a brown mix, and has no glitter. Taupe is new to me as I don't have any champagne shadows in my kit.

Overall, I think this palette is an 8.5/10. I almost gave it a 9 but I held back because not all shadows were pigmented. The .5 is for the new shadows I didn't have and for Mineral Earth and Conker. Also let me just put it out there that I didn't apply any primer to my fingers before swatching. So kudos to the shadows that showed up gorgeously on my primer-free fingers. :D

The Au Naturel palette costs $9.99 on the Sleek website. The price in Luxola is Php 685.50; Digital Traincase's and The Beauty Corner's both at Php 650. In case you still don't know, there's already Sleek counters here in the Philippines! Check them out @ The Ramp Crossings Shangri-La Plaza, The Ramp Crossings Department Store in Quezon City, The Ramp Glorietta 3, and in Red Dot Boutique in Laoag City. Do check out Sleek Makeup PH for more info. Horray for Sleek! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments