Year Ender: The Perfect Palette Tag!

by - Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014! The new year will be here in a few hours and I can't wait! 2013 was a big blur, don't you think? The only thing that was clear to me was when I turned 20 haha! Anyway, I've decided to end this year with a bang- here's my version of the only tag that made me ecstatic, the Perfect Palette tag! x

1. Best Packaging: Smoked Palette & Tattoo Chronicles Candelabra Edition Palette

I chose two palettes for this category, one for functionality and the other for creativeness. For functionality, I chose my ever favorite Smoked palette. I love how sturdy it feels whenever I hold it and I absolutely love the zipper lock. The palette isn't bulky too plus it already has a good sized mirror and a slot for an eyeliner. It also has a combination of mattes and shimmer shadows, all buttery and opaque.
 For creativeness, I loooove Kat Von D's Candelabra palette. It's packaged like a book, with a velvet outer cover and several pages featuring Kat Von D's illustrations. It's amazing how this palette reflects its creator because you can really see that this IS Kat Von D's and not anyone else's. This is, however, somewhat a bulky palette, totally not what you can put inside your clutch. But it definitely compensates with the details and range of colors.

2. Best Color Payoff: Naked Palette
Oh this definitely wins this category, hands down! The Naked palette was my very first palette and the one that made me set the standards high in terms of color payoff in shadows. All of the shadows are buttery and insanely pigmented, and they are a joy to blend. The shimmery shadows on the photo above look like they're foiled right? Hehehe, they're not. ;D They're dry and swatched only once!

3. Most Versatile: Naked Palette
Another win for Naked! I think this palette's versatile because you can achieve a lot of looks with this because of the range of colors in it. You can achieve daytime and nighttime looks with it. You have your golds and bronzes, your plums and pinks, you even have a silver and a black thrown in the mix, and you have two amazing matte browns that you can use for blending.

4. Best for Travelling: Smoked Palette, Sleek Au Naturel Palette, & Naked Basics
I chose these palettes because I think they're the most compact palettes in my stash. They're basically the palettes that would more or less fit easily in a bag or clutch. For those who like smokey eyes, go for Smoked. For those who like something that has mattes and shimmer, light and dark colors, go for the Au Naturel. For those who love a simple eye look, go for Naked Basics.

5. Biggest Regret: G11 (or something like that) Palette
I got this in makeup school primarily because I thought it was a Coastal Scents palette...wrong! It was nowhere near CS. The shadows are all shimmers, and they're inconsistent in terms of payoff. Some are sheer, some are so-so. When swatched they're good but when you use a brush the shadows sheer out. Weird and disappointing.

6. Best Color Names: Tattoo Chronicles Candelabra Edition Palette
This one! I love the weird and quirky names. Would you like Evil Monkey on the crease? Perhaps Oddfellow on the outer v? A pop of Sunset Blvd maybe? Toooooo cute!

7. Least Used: G11 & The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes
 I don't use this because of one reason: all of the shadows from these palettes are very sheer. I don't have time to deal with them, you know?

8. Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island: Naked and Smoked Palettes
And it all comes down to this. Yes, these are my most loved and used palettes and I'd be happy and content if I have these with me on a desert island. These will be enough to make my eyes pretty and shimmery, yes?

And that's it! This tag was so fun to do, no wonder there's a ton of this out there! Prior to answering this tag, I went on a Perfect Palette marathon on Youtube which was addicting and cray. If you can, do this. I tag ALL OF YOU!!

Happy twentyfourteen, everyone!

You May Also Like

0 comments