essence Longlasting Lipstick in 04: On The Catwalk!

by - Monday, January 13, 2014


 Hi there! Two weeks ago I checked out the lipsticks of essence cosmetics because I wanted to get myself a wearable everyday lipstick. I initially picked up a pink lipstick but decided to not get it so that I can try a different color: a wearable pink-red. 



 That pink-red is On The Catwalk! (yes, with an exclamation point.) (S$4.95) When I first swatched it on my hand I thought the color was just right; not too pink, not too red. It's also not too bright which I really like. When I wore it on my lips, it became brighter and looked more pink than red. 

The formula and texture are very similar to a tinted lip balm like Maybelline's rather than a proper lipstick, though of course this is more pigmented than a tinted lip balm. It's actually quite similar to a Maybelline Watershine lipstick- glides on easily and feels wet, rather than creamy, on the lips.
 Personally, I find the shade quite off on me. It looks good on the photo above though but I feel like it doesn't really suit me. Maybe it's the shade of pink or maybe because it looks cool on my warm skin. Either way, I'm still not sure if I love or hate it.

However, I started to like it after blotting my lips. The blotted version turned out to be a matte medium pink which I totally dig. I think I blotted three times after I became happy with the outcome. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a photo of the blotted version but it's safe to say that I love it. It also lasted for several hours which I bet is longer than the non-blotted version. :)

Overall, I give On The Catwalk! a 3/5. It's a good shade actually but maybe not on me although I like it after blotting. I also find the formula quite odd and I think it's not the kind of formula you want to use on the go as it requires precision, patience, and a steady hand. When applied directly from the bullet, it definitely gives medium pigmentation. If you want it a bit controlled and sheer, go for a lip brush. In fact, I might do that the next time I use this. ;)

You May Also Like

0 comments