Nail of the Week: essence Colour & Go in #116: Gorgeous Bling Bling

by - Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Heya! Just want to show you my nail color for Christmas. :) Instead of going for the usual red or plum, I decided to make it lighter this year and this nail polish turned out to be the perfect shade for this time of year.

Gorgeous Bling Bling is somewhat a spiced orange shade that's deeper in person. It must be the light that made the photos look like the polish is a bright orange but it's really not. It's the perfect mix of light and dark, so it's not too bright and neon nor dark and vampy. I also like that it has fine glitters and fine chunky glitters incorporated in it. The glitters add dimension to the polish but don't change the texture of the polish. One layer of Gorgeous Bling Bling is quite sheer and lighter in color. I did two coats on my nails because I wanted the polish to be opaque and quite deep in color. 

I absolutely like this polish which is a surprise really because I thought it would look unflattering on me. I'd say it's an age-appropriate color for me- not too mature but not too teenager-ish. Just thought I'd wear a new shade this Christmas since almost everyone's wearing red or plums or gold glitter. But I'd definitely wear this again after the holidays, that's for sure!

What shade are you wearing this Christmas?

You May Also Like

0 comments