Bali Day I

by - Wednesday, June 18, 2014

April 29, 2014

  Hola! So excited to finally share my trip to Bali! I spent five days in Bali with my sister and her family and those five days were pure bliss. I really looked forward to this trip because 1) it was my first time in Bali and 2) beach vacation = cocktails.

  We flew to Bali early morning of Tuesday, April 29. As usual I was on zombie mode due to lack of sleep. Ha! Thanks to an early breakfast and a cup of hot choco plus a newly bought copy of Cleo magazine, I was only half zombie walking around the airport. Here's a touristy photo of me in the airport, taken by my sister:

Aaaand two hours after, we're in Bali! The first thing I thought when I stepped out of the airport was "Hey, this feels like the Philippines!" Sunny and summery...yep, it really reminded me of home. The hotel van picked us up and I was able to take photos during the ride.

Denpasar International Airport! Ahh, so pretty!!

Wore my favorite black flats I got from Bugis! Got this for S$10 and these bad boys don't give me blisters even if I wear them all day. So good.

Makeup free and groggy. With my sister and little Hugo!

The hotel we stayed in was Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort in Nusa Dua. It was such a pretty and cozy place. The staff were so kind and welcoming too! The hotel was also surrounded by restaurants, spas, and convenience stores so it was comforting to know that we weren't in the middle of nowhere. :P
Welcome drinks + hot towels. Yep, Bali vacation starts now!

The drink was tart and cool and I loved the added crunch from the seeds .

Our hotel room (minus my bed. It was brought in in the afternoon.)
Cute koi pond below our room!

Since we were too tired to go out, we decided to chill in our room first, unpack, take a bath, watch tv, and have lunch. Again, we were too tired to go out for lunch so we decided to just order from the hotel's menu. Here's what we got.

 Lamb curry, ordered by my brother-in-law

Frutti Di Mare, pizza topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, oregano, and mixed seafood. My sister and I shared this one. Really good.

In the afternoon, we roamed around the resort. 
My first cocktail here in Bali! Yummy mojito that tasted like soda but well, you know it ain't soda. (o‿∩)

Poolside. I found it fun and weird that one shallow side of the pool has a strip made of sand and pebbles. It was a bit painful to step on but I guess it's a good foot exfoliator in a way? Haha! The water was warm probably because it was exposed to the blazing sun for hours. My nephew enjoyed playing with the pebbles and loved soaking in the warm water. I didn't swim yet since I was content with just padding on the pebble strip. It was painful yet relaxing at the same time. Go figure.

When we got back to our room, we saw a small basket carrying a local Bali fruit.
This is a snake fruit or salak in Indonesian. There are two kinds of salak apparently, salak pondoh which is dry and crumbly, and salak Bali which is moist and crunchy. And yes, of course I tried it and thinking back, the one I tried was dry and crunchy. I dunno, I didn't like it. It was crunchy like an apple but it lacked...juice, perhaps? Well if you get the chance to go to Bali, or just in Indonesia in general, don't hesitate to try it. Whether you like it or not is up to you.

I'll be posting our Day 1 Bali dinner soon. I can't wait to make you hungry!

You May Also Like

0 comments