Tools for Brows

by - Monday, August 18, 2014

It's no secret I love a good pair of brows. As much as possible I try to keep mine shaped and clean, that way I don't have to worry about filling them all the time. A year ago, I took the plunge and had my brows threaded. Best. Decision. Ever.

PLOT TWIST (or not really): hair grows back. So what do I do, run back to the threading salon? Nope. I just try to keep it clean and shaped- with a little help from some tools, of course.

 Here are my most used brow maintaining tools. Simple tools but they work wonders.

Tweezerman tweezers
I don't think I can survive without these tweezers. At first, I thought all tweezers were the same but boy was I wrong. Once you use Tweezerman tweezers you'll realize that all the tweezers you've used before are crap. :P I love using this to pluck hairs outside my brow shape. Its grip is fantastic, it's not bulky, and the body isn't stiff. Definitely a must-have.

Shavers
I use these whenever I don't feel like plucking my brows. Shaving is faster although hair grows faster since the roots remain. I'd choose a pair of tweezers anytime but on lazy days, shavers are my bffs. I usually get shavers from Watsons because their shavers aren't blunt.

Scissors and Spoolie
These tools are more on the brow hairs on my actual brows. I use these to trim my brow hair when they get too long. Sometimes the reason why our brows look so thick is because of long brow hair strands. I'm always careful whenever I trim because I don't want to cut the hair so short that when I brush them back in place I see gaps (the horror!). Some people use a comb brush instead of a spoolie. I've never tried using a comb brush but I guess it works just the same.

You May Also Like

0 comments