New Brushes!

by - Saturday, August 09, 2014

 I have a (beauty) confession to make: I'm a brush addict. There, I said it. I don't think I can have enough eye brushes in my life. I guess I just like the idea of not running out of brushes to use, especially in gigs. Anyway, without further ado, please welcome my new babies! <3



Disclaimer: the first three brushes I'll mention were given to me by my sister who's a fellow beauty enthusiast. She's not one who goes gaga every time a new collection pops up but she definitely has an eye for items she knows she'll use on a daily basis. I like that about her. At least she doesn't spend a lot of money for products just because they're new. Anyway, she gave the brushes to me as a gift. The last two brushes I bought on my own.


MAC 217
Yes, yes, I''m pretty late on this one but that doesn't mean I haven't used one before. Whenever I'm in Singapore, I always do my sister's makeup in the morning. That means using her 217. I have a Sigma E25, which I believe is a dupe for the 217 but personally, I like the 217 more because it does a better job in blending. This was purchased in New York, I believe.

Hakuhodo J142
Another blending brush for me! Both my sister and I have this because she wanted to replace her MAC 226 with something that's less scratchy. This I haven't tried yet but I believe this is a very soft brush. It looks tapered now but Hakuhodo brushes fluff up when washed so this will be more This was purchased in Japan via my sister's friend.

MAC 266
I finally have the infamous 266! I've wanted this for the long time because I always see this in Pixiwoo's videos. They use this for brows and liner. The brush is thin and the hair is quite stiff which makes it perfect for winged liner. Can't wait to use this! Purchased alongside my 217 in New York.

EcoTools Bamboo Angled Eyeliner Brush
My sister has one and I absolutely love using it when applying liner. The bristles are synthetic Taklon but it doesn't feel stiff at all. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative for a 266 for liner purposes, this is a good brush to buy. I bought this during a John Little sale in Plaza Singapura in Singapore.

essence French Manicure Brush
Now this isn't an eye brush but I figured I should include it here anyway. Look, an easier way to do French tips! I haven't used this yet because I'm still letting my nails grow longer but I can't wait to create French tips and half-moons with this. Got this at Watsons in Plaza Singapura in Singapore.

My brush addiction has no end apparently since I still have a few (okay, a lot) more brushes I'd like to have but for now, I'm good. I think.

You May Also Like

1 comments