Disappointing Products

by - Thursday, August 21, 2014

I stumbled upon a Disappointing Products video a few days ago and I thought I'd make my own version. So here it is. 

 I don't have a lot of disappointing products in my stash surprisingly. That or I just didn't look hard enough. Either way, here are the products I instantly thought of, products that didn't work for me. A little reminder though: not because it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for you. Just sayin'.

First product on the list is the Nichido Matted palette (review here). The shadows are too shimmery glittery, the size of the shadow pans are small for the brushes I use, and some turn out sheer when applied on the eyes. I'm not saying I was expecting MAC/Urban Decay/Makeup Geek shadow quality but I was at least expecting e.l.f.-ish kind of quality, but nope, e.l.f.'s better. Hell, San San shadows are better than the shadows in this palette!

The next product is essence Stays No Matter What Waterproof Eyeliner Pen. I bought this hoping I'd be reacquainted with liquid formula liners but this just made me stay away from liquid liners even more. I dunno why but every time I use this, I always f- up my eyeliner than usual. Maybe because of the pen applicator or the cool feeling of liquid ink on my lid? Or maybe just because I'm not used to liquid liners? I know other people like using this but I'm not a fan. Oh, and about the claim that it stays no matter what? Yeah it does because it leaves a gray stain on your skin, proof or brand that you indeed used an eye liner. Ugh, can't be bothered with that!

I reviewed the Bifesta Sebum Cleansing Lotion, an okay makeup remover for me. I feel that it's so mild that the only products it can remove quickly are powders. If you're wearing anything waterproof and creamy, this is not the product you should reach for.

One of the curlers I have in my stash in Urban Decay's The Revolution Eyelash Curler. My sister got this for me three years ago when I was looking for a curler with no side bars. Thing is, the pad is so damn tough that I need to exert a lot of effort to decently curl my lashes- definitely something I don't want to do again and to others! I still use this curler though. I use it to blend my natural and false lashes, if I were wearing any.

The last product is a nail polish, surprise, surprise. Technically, this isn't mine but because my sister already gave it to me, then I think it is mine now. This polish is China Glaze's Knotty. It's a nice nude polish with fine glitter. What I don't like about it is it's sheer and blotchy. I really tried to make it work but it's just so darn stubborn.

What's on your DP list?

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. MAC Carbon - why this even exists and makes its way into newer palettes is beyond me.

    TBS Shimmer Cubes - what a waste of product!

    Bobbi Brown's Foundation brush - product becomes streaky it reminds me of bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Carbon and the Shimmer Cubes!!! Huhuhuhu :<

      Delete