EOTD: This Twisted Cat and Mouse Game

by - Friday, September 12, 2014

If you already haven't guessed from this post's title, this look is inspired by Rita Ora's look in the music video of Black Widow. Rita's look was a really bold winged liner and a dark lower lashline. I have to say, having a small lid was a struggle! Creating the winged liner wasn't the problem. The problem was the product transferring to my crease! Can't really do much about it since I can't just look down all day, can I? But anyway, I love this look and I'm really considering doing a thick liner now because I find it so cool. Have to build up some courage for that though!

A little tip for doing a bold cat eye? Create the outline first. I sketched mine with a sheer black shadow before retracing it with a gel liner. It just makes things easier, trust me. You can also use a liquid liner instead of gel if you prefer. I don't recommend using a black shadow for the liner mainly because the chances of product transferring on the crease are high. For the lower lashline, I used a creamy black pencil, one that doesn't set immediately and smudged it with a black shadow. I opted for the soft, smudged look instead of a harshly drawn black line. Other things I added to the look was a strip of outer lashes and some glued-on studs. I don't know but I just felt that the studs made the look edgier and kind of reminded me of Lisbeth Salander. If I were to wear this look, I would definitely leave the lower lashline bare and fill my waterline with a nude liner to open up my eyes. And yes, I'll gladly wear the studs. :)

Products Used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (lid wash)
MAC shadow in Carbon (for sketching the outline of the wing)
MAC Fluildine in Blacktrack
MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder (lower lashline, smudged)
Sleek shadow in Noir (lower lashline)
Prestige Eyeliner in Deepest Black (waterline and upper waterline)
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes
Sasatinnie Falsies in 08 Fantasy (cut in half, placed on outer lashline)

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. this make up is so quirky i love it! your eyes are stunning i wish i could pull off such heavy eye make up! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/lynette-page-make-up-artistry-launch.html xx

    ReplyDelete