EOTD: My Shadow's Over You

by - Saturday, September 13, 2014

This look is another favorite of mine. It's simple and easy to do yet it looks quirky and cool at the same time. I've always liked colored mascaras but because of my very dark lashes, they don't show up that much. Thus, this look is my take on the colored lashes trend. It's not blue or pink or green but it's freaking stark white. It was really fun to do and I didn't have to buy a tube of colored mascara. All I did was take a spoolie and rub white eye pencil on the bristles. Tada! DIY colored mascara at its finest. I like that I can do this with other colored pencils in my kit. There's one catch though: it won't set. I used a really creamy pencil and every now and then, I'd get white smears on my lashline and on my lid. I guess if you have an intense colored pencil that sets immediately then maybe it can set but I'd give it 1-2 hours max.

One last advice: use a disposable spoolie. I used a proper spoolie brush and, I kid you not, the product is a bitch to remove. It took me 3 washes to get most of it out but there's still some product on the bristles. I'll try to wash it again and hopefully I can get it squeaky clean. Wish me luck!

Products Used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (lid wash)
Urban Decay shadow in Naked 2 (crease)
Sleek shadow in Noir
Sleek shadow in Nougat (brow bone highlight)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk (lashes)
Catrice Made to Stay Highlighter Pen in In the Mood for Nude (waterline)

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Maybe run a purple mascara over the whitened lashes to make the purple color pop? The would make it more wearable, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, same concept with white bases on the lids. This ain't supposed to be wearable though lolololol :P

      Delete