Review: essence Match 2 Cover! Cream Concealer

by - Friday, February 20, 2015

You saw this product on my previous post. Here's my review about it.

I've had this concealer since late last year but I really never had a reason to use it. I'm not really big on concealer; I know I should considering I have a dark circles, a few zits every now and then, and a whole lotta redness but sometimes I really can't be bothered. That's until a big angry zit appeared on my nose. I knew I had to open the concealer because there's no way I'm leaving the house with such an attention-grabbing thing on my face.

The essence Match 2 Cover! concealer (around S$5) comes in two shades, a medium shade and a light shade. After some research, I found out there were two variants of this product and I believe the one I have is 20 Soft Beige. The medium shade was the reason why I bought it. I felt it was a close match to my face's skin tone and it's yellow undertone isn't heavy. The other shade is obviously too light on me but I think I can use it as a highlighter on my nose bridge or brow bone.

I've been using the medium shade for a couple of weeks now and even if it's still a bit lighter than my skin tone, I can still work with it because it just blends into the skin easily. It reduced the redness of my zit and it did lighten my dark circles. Yay!

The concealer blends easily but you have to layer it as the coverage is light to medium. It takes me around 2-3 layers of concealer to reduce redness or lighten/cover my dark circles. Don't worry though, it doesn't cake and that's a plus for me. Because it's quite creamy, it can move so you have to set it and use a primer beforehand. It's also one of those things where you have to dip your finger to get some product. What I do is I get a brush, scoop some product out, and I never double dip. Like, ew, girl, ew.

This is not a long lasting product as I feel like I lose some of it after an hour or so but I think it's just fine when you just want a little coverage here and there. Also, please take note that I currently have a normal to oily skin type thing going on and we all know that cream + oil don't really last long. I think this would last longer on those with normal to dry skin types and retouching is inevitable on all skin types.

I'm totally using the medium shade up while I'm still a bit light-skinned as I think I won't be able to use it once the summer months come. Yep, I think my love for concealers is coming back...


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. BAMF!! I absolutely love ur posts! You're brilliant! Defn a regular on here! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to give this a try :)
    LuxBunni

    ReplyDelete