A Downsized Version of My Eyeliner Kit

by - Friday, August 21, 2015

I used to be one of those people who takes 90% of their makeup stash with them, especially when they travel. I used to do this before but since last year, I've learned to pack lightly aka bring the things I know I'll definitely use, not the things I think I'll use. For my makeup stash, I only bring what I usually need, both for personal and professional use. I took the time to sort out everything and that included my eyeliners. I used to bring every single liner with me but most of the time I don't use 60% of them. Here are the 40% I always use and the ones I now always bring with me.

"The Mainstays"

The first ones I make sure I pack are my gel liners. Without them I'd go ballistic. Out of all eyeliners, gel liners are the ones I'm most comfortable using so I make sure they don't get left behind. I always make sure I pack three: a black, a true brown, and a brown-so-dark-it-almost-looks-like-black. These three are basically all you need really. They're all waterproof, smudge-proof, and long-wearing. They go with any outfit, any occasion, any look. #TeamGel all the way!

Eyeliner count: 3

"The Sticks"
Pencils are my back-ups and for other purposes products. Included are two black liners, one that's waterproof and smudge-proof and one that's a soft smudge-able kohl. Same goes for my brown liners that can double as brow products. I have a nude pencil mainly for the waterline as I don't really use white that much but I still keep a white smudge-able pencil in case I need a base for colorful shadows or an intense waterline filler.

Eyeliner count: 9

"The Brighteners"
Colored liners are the last ones to go inside my liner bag. I don't use these as much but I still pack some anyway for those days when I feel like injecting color on a look. The colors and formula vary but I usually include a blue, a green, a gold, a light and dark purple, a silver, and an orange. These can double as lip liners but so far I haven't used them on the lips. But you never know, you know. 

Eyeliner count: 16

xxx

16 liners! Not bad, eh? 16 is better than 20+ liners and I can pretty much do a variety of looks with these pencils. This also means I have more space for the new ones I'll buy! :))) So to round everything up, my watered-down eyeliner kit consists of 90% basic colors and 20% bright colors, 50% waterproof and smudge-proof liners and 50% smudge-able liners, and 80% products I'm sure I'll use and 20% products on stand-by, and 100% products I'm comfortable using and I know won't let me down. Overall, I'm happy with everything in this kit.


100 BROWNIE POINTS for you if you noticed the absence of liquid liners! I avoid liquid liners like the plague because I have a hard time using them and they feel weird! Thumbs up for you if love em. I mean, good for you, gurlfran.

You May Also Like

0 comments