A Lightweight Primer That Won't Break the Bank

by - Monday, August 24, 2015

Quick-ish review.

I first saw this product in one of Say's videos about a year ago. I was looking for a primer I could use, something that's quite affordable and can be easily bought. Apparently, this product is housed solely (I think) in Watsons so off I went and bought one for myself. Here's the verdict.

It's easy to think that the QuickFX No-Shine Mattifier is a primer due to its silicone-like texture. It feels like the Sephora Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer and a tad thicker than the Maybelline Pore Eraser. But if you read the details behind the packet, you'll see that it's actually, and I quote, "a light moisturizer". But it's not.

I like the feel the No-Shine Mattifier gives once blended out. My skin feels smooth and even and it does a decent job in mattifying the skin. It claims to hide imperfections like fine lines and pores but unfortunately, I don't think it did. It didn't really hide my pores (not that I have a lot) and I don't think it can hide fine lines either. Personally, I don't think it's good in moisturizing the skin. The product really feels like a silicone-based primer and works like one too. Hmm, guess they should update the info at the back!

I recommend this product to those with normal to dry skin types. Because it's so lightweight, it's not the most ideal product oily skin types should use. I also discovered that powder products pair well with the No-Shine Mattifier. Face powders, compact foundations, mineral powder foundations, the works. This product don't really hold liquid foundations that well, in my opinion. Also, if you're like me who loves brow powder to fill their brows, use this to prime your arches first. I swear, my brows can last for up to 6 hours when I use this!

Overall, it's a nice product. It's just below 100php so it's not that expensive to try. Oh, and don't forget, use it to prime your brows, m'kay? ;)

You May Also Like

0 comments